real time web analytics
Report - - Seaton Heights Hotel - Devon - September 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Seaton Heights Hotel - Devon - September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nikonatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok so this is my first report, so I thought why not do somewhere that is literally just up the road from where I live.
There are plans to turn this old place into a brand new hotel, but plans have been on hold for a long time due to there being bats inside and are therefor protected. But the go ahead for demolition is meant to be (as stated in the local paper) this side of Christmas.

Post-demolition plans:http://lymebayleisure.co.uk/seaton-heights/

Finding history on this place has proven to be more difficult than I realised. But I do remember coming up here to attend the car boot sales that were situated in the car park of this place... Even managed to go inside whilst it was still an operating Hotel and get a soft drink from the bar!

Anyways. On with the pics

The place is far different from what I remember now.
DSCN0534_zps0b370b10.jpg

DSCN0537_zps994b26f1.jpg

DSCN0543_zps0e778627.jpg

DSCN0555_zpsdddaeb70.jpg

The blackness on the walls and peeled wallpaper show how damp this place has gotten.
DSCN0548_zps1ea937a2.jpg

DSCN0561_zps91d84108.jpg

In the bar area, where I had that soft drink 15 years ago!
DSCN0562_zps01feb3cf.jpg

The Dining room.
DSCN0567_zpsb2a26808.jpg

Room just above it. Small stage in the back, so must have been an entertainment room
DSCN0576_zpsef3c2c33.jpg

Upstairs in the Gym. Wanted to go further, but the floor was a touch damp underfoot.
DSCN0513_zpse40be637.jpg

Anyways. Hope that was ok for first report.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
So ruined it's transecended the realm of shitness and actually looks quite interesting.

Good first report fella

Unknown_Territory

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I explored this place in August 2013. Not a lot has changed -it was pretty trashed then. I wasn't able to get inside the hotel but the squash club (from memory, but might have been a gym!) next door was easy. Is that the final picture? I too went upstairs and decided the floor was too bouncy and creaky to go any further. Shame though. Great report and bringing back the memories. Shame I didn't take photos back then.

james44

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report. Is this still standing? Would love to go there looks really interesting.

Nikonatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good report. Is this still standing? Would love to go there looks really interesting.
Yep still standing. They are taking their time on knocking it down, even though the papers over a year ago said otherwise.

Xplor33

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys, sorry for the massive bump, does anyoe know if this place is actually still standing?

Atlanta

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes this place is still standing, been there a few times recently, still looks exactlly the same as these photos, no work being done at all.