real time web analytics
Urban Exploration Law Reform - Trespass Law | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Urban Exploration Law Reform - Trespass Law

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flanders

Firstly I would like to welcome myself as a new member and offer my deepest apologise if I indeed have the wrong section of the forum for this post.

However I would like to bring to your attention one and all the starting point for my campaign to reform the laws surrounding urban exploration.

Urban exploration is the exploration of man-made structures as we all are aware, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment.

Photography and historical interest/documentation are heavily featured in the hobby and, although it may be seen as trespassing onto private property, this is not always the case and is of innocent intention.

The nature of this activity presents various risks of arrest and punishment at task payers expense for a hobby of interest.

The unspoken rule of urban exploring is "take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints".

What I and we ask as a British society of urban explorers is that the trespass laws are reformed to be more suitable for those who choose the hobby and can prove beyond reasonable doubt of the law that there intention is that of urban exploration and not of intentional criminal actions.

What I respectfully request is that if you as an individual reading and as a forum community please sign this e-petition. It only takes a moment of your time and would greatly help my cause out. My cause is for all our potential benefit.

I need to collect 100,000 signatures which is a big ask however if I do collect the signatures, my e-petition could be debated in the House of Commons.

I have very limited time at the moment and I intend to do more than just this e-petition in my spare time. I aim to set up some form of charity funding and take this all the way so to speak. However this takes time and money.

We have a right to the hobby and an obligation as a British nation to document our beloved history for all the ages. We can dig up the bones of The last king of the plantagenet dynasty King Richard III in a car park of all places so why can't we urbanex? We are not criminals or trespassers simply historians of abandonments.

I trust you'll agree and help the cause. Thank you for you time and the Link to the governmental petition is:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/70115

Many thanks for reading and for all your support in this matter,

Regards,

Flanders

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
With the greatest of respect, and, being fairly new to this - as I have only been exploring for a little over 4 decades - may I ask one question?

What colour is the sky on your planet Gareth?

Sorry if that sounds harsh - but this has less than zero chance mate :rolleyes:

Brian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This A) stands no chance, and B) would destroy this hobby.

Rather than start such troublemaking rubbish -why not go out exploring, and post a report or 2?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'm sure your intentions are sincere, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen, infact it's only a matter of time before they make trespass criminal and not civil, mark my words it will happen one day

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
I'm sure your intentions are sincere, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen, infact it's only a matter of time before they make trespass criminal and not civil, mark my words it will happen one day

Agreed, and having explorers, graffers, or any other group that practice such trespass jumping up to sign petitions will make it happen all the quicker :rolleyes:

T

The Queen

Woo, Jebus.. Let me think about this a sec..

Right.

Flanders, You need to climb down from that cloud. No-one knows who you are, and people here are unlikely to jump on your bandwagon.
Show us what you've been up to, where you've been. That's what we want to see.
With the greatest of respect.

Your Maj

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
1. UE has no rules
2. Fuck the rules
3. You said "urbanex"
4. Ghosties
5. Haaaaaaahahahaaaa.

Hope that helps :)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
picard-points-you-to-the-door.jpg

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Just to be clear here - despite using the phrase "British society of urban explorers" - you most certainly do not represent anything I would wish to identify/be associated with as an explorer, and certainly not anything, that as an administrator of this forum, I would like to see us associated with - sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.