real time web analytics
Report - - Dairy Crest, Torrington, Devon August 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dairy Crest, Torrington, Devon August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member
This site closed in 1993 with the loss of over 200 jobs and is one of two currently derelict former Dairy Crest sites in Devon. Part of the site is currently in use (hence the lack of external shots) and the remainder was sold to developers in July this year, although all the previous attempts to do something with the site don't exactly bode well for the current owners! The building is in a dangerous state of disrepair and there really is very little left.
The site has really been done to death but here is my little bit. New camera (which I despise),failing light and computer monitor which is having issues with gamma and colour are my excuses for the pictures that are left, anyway enough excuses....

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

This was the most interesting thing of the whole site. 3d graffiti made with paper, very nice!
3dGraffiti.jpg

Thanks for looking at my first report.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Nothing wrong with your photos; one is slightly blurry to my eye, but it happens unfortunately. Did you use a tripod? Even when I use one I still sometimes manage to knock it slightly lol.

Storm_Force

Exploring...
28DL Full Member
drove past the other day, still no sings of redevelopment.
I keep meaning to explore this one seeing its so close by.

Incognito

Just Reckless.
28DL Full Member
this was my first explore a few years ago and it just hasn't changed a bit lol. Nice report!!

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Nice one. I've been meaning to go back to try and get on the roof of the drying tower, there's graffiti up there so it can be done..

Incognito

Just Reckless.
28DL Full Member
Nice one. I've been meaning to go back to try and get on the roof of the drying tower, there's graffiti up there so it can be done..
There is no access as the ladder was cut after a suicide I believe.