real time web analytics
Report - - Blobbyland and Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park, Somerset - November 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blobbyland and Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park, Somerset - November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
I know this place has been done to death over the years on these forums, but I thought I would post this report firstly because it seems that nobody to date has reported on the food hall and avaries and secondly I have some very serious and sad news to announce.

With much regret and considerable sorrow, I am sorry to announce to the good people of 28DL that sometime between July 2014 and October 2014 the home of Mr Blobby has been demolished :(

I am aware that I am meant to post a bit of history before the report, but on this occasion I wont. Those of a younger generation who have no idea of who or what Mr Blobby is, will be better off remaining in ignorance. Those of an older generation who do know what I am talking about, will not be wanting those awful childhood memories resurfaced.

From Wikipedia, this paragraph nicely sums up the phenomenon of Mr Blobby: In March 1994, Elizabeth Kolbert of The New York Times wrote: "Mr. Blobby's rise to stardom has provoked anguished commentaries about just what he stands for...Some commentators have called him a metaphor for a nation gone soft in the head. Others have seen him as proof of Britain's deep-seated attraction to trash." A Sun article published the previous month had reported that Blobby reduced a young girl to tears after throwing her birthday cake onto the floor during a show, causing the girl's father to mount the stage and assault Blobby.

Onto the photos:

The Ticket Hall, bizarrely now full of boxes and boxes of Christmas Crackers!
01-TicketOffice_zpsa7395263.jpg

Yes this remote patch of Somerset, miles from anywhere, really was once a wildlife park
02-TicketOffice_zpscd70dc9a.jpg

The Food Court
03-FoodCourt_zpsf8c37211.jpg

Inside the Food Court - those who were unwillingly dragged here as a child in the 1990s will be thrilled to know that right next to the food preparation area can be seen the most minging staff toilets. Happy dysentery to you all!
05-FoodCourt_zpse13dc9db.jpg

The Avaries
08-Aviaries_zps1c58036e.jpg

10-Aviaries_zpsee9ffdd8.jpg

Depressed, miserable and bored wild animals still remain in the cages waiting for the return of visitors
12-Aviaries_zps489dc3c1.jpg

OMG - They destroyed Mr Blobby's house. Just what, we ask, was going through the head of the psychopath who bulldozed MR BLOBBY'S HOUSE!
22-BlobbylandOverview_zpsb23cd454.jpg

In this pile of pink rubble lies the remains of a National Treasure, a legend from the 1990s. A nation mourns and weeps. Throughout the nation flags are flown at half-mast.
19-Blobbyland_zps11f752d3.jpg

Children from around the world mourn the loss of an idol
18-Blobbyland_zps5dd0fa9c.jpg

The Miniature Railway can be followed
25-MiniatureRailway_zpsce146805.jpg

Inside the Miniature Railway Tunnel, funky vomit-style artwork remains
28-MiniatureRailway_zps756956e1.jpg

A train station to nowhere
24-MiniatureRailway_zpsa2a1cf76.jpg

The miniature railway bridges remain
32-MiniatureRailway_zps51ea340b.jpg

Thanks for looking. A Book of Condolences to the late deceased Mr Blobby will be opened shortly.

17-BlobbylandEntrance_zps09aeba96.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
tumblr_max8pjT5s61qd20mw.gif

This is deeply sad, thanks for the update with some lols along the way :thumb

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Thought I would give an update:

You may have noticed that I took my children to Blobbyland. Well my 7 year old son has no idea who or what exactly Mr Blobby is.

Consequently I have just had to spend the past hour watching old You Tube clips of Noel's House Party with him. I have also been forced to search Amazon for a Mr Blobby DVD.

God! Life is so cruel to me :banghead

The_Raw

Staff member
Thought I would give an update:

You may have noticed that I took my children to Blobbyland. Well my 7 year old son has no idea who or what exactly Mr Blobby is.

Consequently I have just had to spend the past hour watching old You Tube clips of Noel's House Party with him. I have also been forced to search Amazon for a Mr Blobby DVD.

God! Life is so cruel to me :banghead

:eek: Is his name Damien?

eyelash911

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lol i remember the blobby days all too vividly alas.....im sure that you can find something exciting to do like...erm....maybe extreme ironing....whilst they are watching what we should have missed out on lol Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
What! They've destroyed Mr Blobby's house!

He had a Christmas No 1 song FFS, you wouldn't see them doing that to Cliff Richard's house!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
This isnt going to win you any brownie points...but it made me ferkin laugh

12-Aviaries_zps489dc3c1.jpg

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Well this thread has resurfaced again. Let's give an update to an update:

At his request and proving that any old crap can bought from eBay, Son of Bertie Bollockbrains will be receiving a Mr Blobby DVD from Santa :mad. He is also getting a Mr Blobby pencil case to be used at school. I'm blaming this website for putting the idea of visiting Blobbyland into my head.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Funny memory from that day - Told Son of Bertie Bollockbrains (aged 7) whilst we were at Blobbyland that one day Peppa Pig World (which is a theme park in Hampshire) will be like this one day. He cried himself to sleep that night because of me saying that.

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh)

yes I know I have sinned and I will be reporting myself to social services in the morning

Who has read this thread (Total: 189) View details