real time web analytics
Report - - Riverside Pump House, South Bank Wharf, Midlesbrough, November 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Riverside Pump House, South Bank Wharf, Midlesbrough, November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
When you’re faced with a weekend of work, then get an email saying hey, I’m going here if you fancy coming along… then the ‘ironing’ can stay put as I’d much rather be plodging about in pigeon crap in a very dark derelict pump house!
Muchos thanks to Dave as I’d never heard of the place, but he’d been before. It’s a bit of a trek to get here now due to upped security, as you have to be aware of tide times, the ever present river police, and due to it being adjacent to Teesport, the area is very well patrolled/monitored.
Apologies for no externals… this was partly due to the atrocious weather as well as the fact that we very nearly got caught by the tide and opted for a different way out which meant no hanging about. However, was a canny mini-mooch and a nice way to spend an hour or so if you’re in the area.
Pitch in some areas… and since I am terrible at taking photos in the dark, I tried my best to take some half decent pics…. Which was even harder due to the “floor†being grated so the tripod was forever slipping through gaps ..!

southbankpumphouse037_zps9ba74f03.jpg

southbankpumphouse033_zpscd0f0614.jpg

southbankpumphouse030_zpsb648acb5.jpg

southbankpumphouse026_zpse301333d.jpg

southbankpumphouse024_zps4fa5062c.jpg

southbankpumphouse022_zpsc260fbd6.jpg

southbankpumphouse017_zps8e0301d2.jpg

southbankpumphouse015_zps2f515ef0.jpg

southbankpumphouse013_zps572c1143.jpg

southbankpumphouse011_zps6d6b9e13.jpg

southbankpumphouse009_zpsd83314de.jpg

southbankpumphouse007_zps9b99bf27.jpg

southbankpumphouse006_zpsf41d5a86.jpg

southbankpumphouse003_zps04527e8f.jpg

Sed

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That IS a nice little mooch - yes!! Disappointed I couldn't come with you guys but it would have been a canny trek from Israel. See you soon though hopefully next time I escape this land ... :)

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Disappointed I couldn't come with you guys but it would have been a canny trek from Israel
lol, no worries. see you when your next back in Blighty. Might have a couple things researched by then.. time permitting! :-)

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah you finally got round to posting your pics they seem to have come out very well i was looking forward to seeing them. Yes it certainly beats the other option you had planned that day its just a pity the weather turned when it did as i had some pipeline fun for us lined up, maybe another day.