real time web analytics
Report - - For Sale £55,000 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - For Sale £55,000

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Rossington , Lincoln 31 post is up for sale , bit over priced at £55,000 though .
I have to go in to drain it out and clean it next week .
And the old hatch is being reinstated to make it secure once again ( after 15 years ? ) .
There is damage to the interior wood work ( door frames etc , and the monitoring room air vent above ground ).
I am not the owner but can supply the mobile number should any one be interested....

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have to ask, whats the score with your involvement in this? Cheers Telf.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Rosso, we've received all your emails and replied to some of them. You changed your email address and haven't yet confirmed it.

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Telf , i have no connection to the owner and have been asked by his agent who knows me , if i could help him clean out all the rubbish that has been deposited down the shaft .
As i served at 15/31 from 86 to 92 he thought i may enjoy cleaning it up with him ?
And advising him on the layout and hatch .
But the developers are sniffing around the area at present and should one of them buy it then it will be lost forever .
So i placed the info on here with hopes of some one being interested for preservation reasons .

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stinky , you greatly underestimate the mess that is down there at present , including car wheels and an old real xmas tree .
18" of water and around 2 tons of grass and garden waste .
Plus it has been burnt out leaving all walls and ceiling covered in black soot .
But she should clean out with 4 or 5 hours work and my generator and water pump ( probably why he asked me to help ) .

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks Rosso, however it sounds like it's not worth very much imo.
But good on you for helping out:thumb

Muttley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is the £55k for the just the ROC post or the whole field?

Like you say, it's burnt out, not much left inside except the Xmas tree - can't see anyone wanting to restore it.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
If the £55,000 is just for the postage stamp sized compound, I do not see many 'Developers' being that interested.

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Rossington is currently getting ripped apart , They have dug up the Neolithic village site to dump millions of tons of colliery waste .They are ripping up the ancient hedgerows and filling in our flood plains to build an inland rail port for the Chinese to import all their tat into .They are building an international PGA tour golf course and there are over 5000 new houses planned around the village , Plus the airport is extending towards us for a freight terminal along with a few thousand houses and a golf course and a hotel and spa facility .Then just over the M18 they are building a new village filling in the northern flood plain , And they have dug up the Roman kilns site and old road to make way for a roundabout for the new link road to the M18 from Bawtry rd .Then when all finished the cleared colliery site will have 1300 new houses built for the imported employees to live in who will run the rail port .So with the colliery site cleared even the place where the Government tested the first bombs at in 1916 ( They dropped them down the 2000ft mine shaft ) has been removed forever .
Doncaster is a crap place to be for historical suicide by the council , Even Doncaster airport was ripped up to make a LAKE ? that no one can use by order of the council ? Doncaster was the 1st civilian airport in the world and held the 2nd airshow in the world . But it is all gone forever ....

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Of interest also , From 15/31 post looking NW across the fields / railway there is the old engine shed / AK AK gun position ontop of the hill .
This will also be going due to the PGA golf course development .It can be reached by driving from 15/31 into the village and parking on BOND STREET ( 2nd on the left ). Walk back and cross STRIPE RD and follow the path over the railway and down to the pond ,WALK AROUND THE POND to the East side and carry on up the hill .At the hill top look over to the left and the engine shed with tracks still inside can be seen .Around the shed are various concrete blocks from 2ft high to 8 ft high that i am told held the crane , Only about 10mins walking from the car and a nice place for a pick nick on a sunny day .

From here walk south towards ROSSINGTON HALL , you will come to a open wood on a slight hill with a bench ( I fitted it for walkers ) .Walk through the trees down hill and follow the ditch / stream South around the field edge and into the wood .Here you will come across the old CARP PONDS , Small brick built hatcheries that they bred there fish in for eating , To the right of these is the Railway embankment and drainage tunnel , from the south side ( you will be on the North side ) of the ditch / stream walk to the embankment and turn left for about 10 meters and in the wood is the 2o ft high old cast iron railway sign from before the embankment existed , in excellent condition with only a couple of letters missing , Only seen in museums now adays , but forgotten about and still there for now......

Muttley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Of interest also , From 15/31 post looking NW across the fields / railway there is the old engine shed / AK AK gun position ontop of the hill .

Never heard of that being a gun defence, always thought it was just remnants of the quarrying works there.

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Totally agree , i feel it has been priced way above what an ordinary person would pay simply to keep everyone except developers from purchasing it .It is this that makes me mad as it should have been offered at a more realistic price to allow some one to preserve it.Personally i think the £5k to £7k mark ,But the one offered at £2k to £3k is in much better condition , So 15/31 seems as though it is only worth £1k maybe....

Rosso ROC

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Never heard of that being a gun defence, always thought it was just remnants of the quarrying works there.
Whilst i was a councilor i was informed that during the war it was used as an anti aircraft position , and when you look out over the valley towards Rotherham and with Doncaster / Lindholme / Scrooby / Finningley airfields and Bawtry hall all being in close proximity i could not find any thing to disagree with this information .As it is the best place for one .And the area had had a military connection since 1906 ? when the Barracks were built at Rossington hall 1/4 mile away , and the Cavalery were stationed down on Hunster Grange ( The old Radburn pub site. When they dug it up i found horse shoes / blacksmiths tools / shoe nails etc ).