real time web analytics
Report - - Temple Of Mystery - Grounds of Hagley Hall in Rugeley - Staffordshire - August 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Temple Of Mystery - Grounds of Hagley Hall in Rugeley - Staffordshire - August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
absolutely no clue to this place why its there who put it there how old it is or anything, all i can guarantee is it is 100% sealed welded shut double steel doors due to the local kids eventually finding it open. wouldn't of thought it much but quite a few seemed to like the last little sandstone cave

a large steel door at "stoop" height opens to a small reception to a much smaller door at "crouch height" it then opens into a few corridors along with the circular room with the pillars and Merry Xmas, you would think thats it but following into a dark area it opens up into a larger room you can stand up in almost church like with an altar at the far end

please excuse the flash photography, its better than HDR right? (i had left my torch in the car)

15209467293_7b2c4d4c05_c.jpg

15643721447_b3d95ca325_c.jpg

15826988101_bde962b7ec_c.jpg

15643050209_610a0561e1_c.jpg

15208917754_cbc487c662_c.jpg

15209424063_a2a34a2c64_c.jpg

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Re: Temple Of Mystery - Staffordshire - August '14

Folly of some sort? Looks like its quite big down there, what a strange place, thanks for sharing!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Lots of different brickwork going on there mate, certainly different :)

And never too early for a Merry Xmas :)

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member

Your pictures don't really do this place justice.
Also there is some history, the grotto was commissioned by the lord of the manor to keep some unemployed miners in work and was sited underneath the now gone manor house.

darbians

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Now I am rather liking this. Great stuff.

mattdonut

Like and subscribe
28DL Full Member

you do find some odd places Mr sam.....
also flash fail with 10 20 ;)

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

Looks interesting :thumb Take a torch next time, with a tripod :p:

Was it a permission visit, or did you find your own way in?

Humpa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I went in here not too long ago but some "youths" had had a party with silly string and fire so it was full of smoke.. Shame as i wanted to take some photos :p:

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member

Looks good, something different :thumb

councilpop

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thank you very much Mr Sam. I grew up in Rugeley and myself along with my friends would always venture to the door of these catacombs (it was then open) and be too scared to go in, thinking of all those terrible legends we'd heard. I've wanted to see inside for so long!

Thanks again!

Cdn

28DL Member
28DL Member
Grew up in Rugeley before moving to Canada, always wondered what was in there. There was so many rumors about it being catacombs, and having secret tunnels that connected up with other local landmarks. I remember when it first got sealed up. with just a brick wall... didnt take long for it to get knocked down lol. then came the steel gate, finally culminating in the entrance way being welded shut. Thankyou for allowing us to see what was really inside :)

Yoshimitsu93

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This looks like a great little place to have a look around! Do you know the current situation regarding this location??

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This looks like a great little place to have a look around! Do you know the current situation regarding this location??

Locked tight last i knew. But theres evidence of multiple times its been bricked up locked up welded up so i guess its just pot luck on the day you go.