real time web analytics
Report - - Peterborough District Hospital - November 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peterborough District Hospital - November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

floyd7418

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First post, be gentle. Or let me know if I'm breaking etiquette.

Been wanting to get inside this place for ages, and today seemed a fortuitous time to visit - from the look of things, the demolition team have just begun phase one of razing the entire site to make room for affordable city centre housing. There isn't much left on the inside, yet still proved a fascinating explore.

History (lifted from wikipedia):- Peterborough District Hospital in the United Kingdom was the acute general district hospital serving the city of Peterborough and north Cambridgeshire, areas of east Northamptonshire and Rutland. Located on Thorpe Road and West Town, it was decommissioned in 2010, with services transferring to the new Peterborough City Hospital.

Established in 1993, Peterborough Hospitals NHS Trust comprised two hospitals, Peterborough District Hospital and Edith Cavell HospitalA £300 million health investment plan has seen the transfer of the city's two hospitals to a single site on the grounds of the existing Edith Cavell Hospital in Bretton Gate from 15 November 2010, by building a modern, flexible facility more suited to modern healthcare. The maternity unit also closed and moved into a new dedicated women and children’s unit within the new hospital. The name Peterborough City Hospital was chosen by public competition in 2008 and, together with the adjacent mental health unit, known as the New Gloucester Unit, now forms the Edith Cavell Healthcare Campus.

PDH1000-90.jpg

PDH1000-81.jpg

PDH1000-68.jpg

PDH1000-54.jpg

PDH1000-79.jpg

PDH1000-52.jpg

PDH1000-59.jpg

PDH1000-46.jpg

PDH1000-33.jpg

PDH1000-39.jpg

PDH1000-56.jpg

PDH1000-44.jpg

PDH1000-25.jpg

PDH1000-36.jpg

PDH1000-48.jpg

PDH1000-4.jpg

PDH1000-57.jpg

PDH1000-27.jpg

PDH1000-17.jpg

PDH1000-15.jpg

PDH1000-19.jpg

PDH1000-85.jpg

Thanks

1nk4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great report mate, been meaning to hit this for a while, definitely been moved up the list, thanks!

floyd7418

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks. If it's on your bucket list, I wouldn't procrastinate for long - demolition work is underway and we concluded that the Amazon Children's ward has already been reduced to a pile of rubble. I can't imagine it'll be too long before they begin on the main building.

We actually bumped in to a friendly (de)construction worker as we were leaving, who found the concept of taking photographs of an abandoned hospital rather amusing. He mentioned that there is only one lazy, dog-less security guard for the whole site... and helpfully pointed out that the main gate was unlocked. Knowledge that would've been useful 4 hours previously.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Decent first report that mate, certainly not breaking any etiquette! Just right, keep it up :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

For a second i thought it was DRI....then i realised it"s in better condition :)

There"s a lot of purple fringing in your pics. I don"t know if it"s noise due to high ISO or PP related ? like the kind of fringing GoPros get ......just an observation :)

floyd7418

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

There"s a lot of purple fringing in your pics. I don"t know if it"s noise due to high ISO or PP related ? like the kind of fringing GoPros get ......just an observation :)

Yeah, I made some poor ISO choices (well, my camera did - auto ISO set to max 12,800) which in hindsight is far too high. Still learning though!

What's PP?

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, I made some poor ISO choices (well, my camera did - auto ISO set to max 12,800) which in hindsight is far too high. Still learning though!

What's PP?

PP - Post processing

Well, in my world it is. :D

I don't think it is ISO related despite the high ISO in the shots. Could be wrong but it looks to me to be something related to the colour balance? A friend had a similar problem with the colour blue.

Cheers for posting mate, quite interested in how long demolition will be with this place. Want to get along quite bad but it's a killer on the bank due to ruddy National rail charging stupid prices. Thanks for sharing, you're shots still look nice mate! :thumb

floyd7418

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks chief. There'll be more to come, I hope. Although I'm rather lacking on like-minded exploration companions. If anyone fancies meeting up for a visit somewhere, get in touch.

Beamongthestars

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went [RECENTLY] with a couple friends and its in pretty bad state to be honest but I would like to go back during the day or mid afternoon as the sun is setting so I can get some better pictures.
Is anyone up for a daytime visit pretty soon?

Tawny Fawn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really interesting report, love the photo of the lifts with the running rust in the middle! Killer shot! I haven't done a hospital since Harold Wood in London many years ago, seriously reconsidering that now! :thumb

Beamongthestars

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know its short notice but im planning a daytime revisit to the hospital tomorrow (sunday) mid morning time so if anyone want to get a last look before it gets completely demolished your more than welcome to tag along. If you want to come along just message me and we can sort out a meet place and time.