real time web analytics
Report - - Maiden Law Hospital Morgue, Durham - August 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maiden Law Hospital Morgue, Durham - August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dissimulate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Now, I really don't know much about this place at all. I've recced the main building several times without even knowing this little gem was even there!
The building stands along hidden away from the main building (which is sealed VERY tightly).

It's on the site of the now named Willowburn Hospice, however they don't own the building itself and have since built a new block.. abandoned that (currently being stripped) then built yet another one further down.
I'm going to see if I can go and look at local archives to find out more on it, from its location it was possibly an infectious diseases hospital as it's a decent walk away from the village. I'll make sure I update this as soon as I find out more info.

The morgue itself is TINY! 1 slab, 1 fridge, 1 toilet (complete with complimentary turd).

What I DID manage to dig up was that, surprise surprise, an application for demolition has been put in and planning permission for houses passed :banghead .

SO here's some pictures of the slab taken from multiple angles! :laugh
(oh and the watermark has been added due to recently finding out several instagram accounts passing off mine and other peoples work as theirs)

IMG_5836_7_8_tonemapped_zpsa8ac42cd.jpg

IMG_5844_zps1f53dd94.jpg

IMG_5823_zps17950591.jpg

IMG_5806_zps4118ca4c.jpg

IMG_5803_4_5_tonemapped_zps17d4bfa3.jpg

IMG_5787_zpsb60a4e9a.jpg

IMG_5782_zps46400c3a.jpg

BlazinHawk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Maiden Law Hospital Morgue - Durham - August 2014

nice dude managed this little beauty back in june,shame the permission has been granted

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice ones :thumb

Surprised to see the slab intact still . The last time i saw pics of it, it had a Photoshoped Spider creature on it and Mars Lander using it as a Surfboard........they obviously knew how to build stuff in those days ;)

Oh......... sorry about the Turd :) i had to wait that long for the HDR boys to actually finish wearing the Porcelain off the Slab, needs must ;)

BlazinHawk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I'll post my first report later with another full intact local slab,seen Mars's pic looked well creepy. Secca walk about on ML now bumped into them a few times canny enough like

Dissimulate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I'll post my first report later with another full intact local slab,seen Mars's pic looked well creepy. Secca walk about on ML now bumped into them a few times canny enough like

Would be interested to know where this other local one is. A friend of mine said a local explorer he knows told him about one but never said where it was. Running low on local explores and I can't get too far afield due to illness these days.
Lookin forward to seeing your report :-)

Dissimulate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice ones :thumb

Surprised to see the slab intact still . The last time i saw pics of it, it had a Photoshoped Spider creature on it and Mars Lander using it as a Surfboard........they obviously knew how to build stuff in those days ;)

Oh......... sorry about the Turd :) i had to wait that long for the HDR boys to actually finish wearing the Porcelain off the Slab, needs must ;)

The slab is beautiful, totally pristine! I tried to spin it to set up a shot and the noise probably confused every dog in the area, think nails down a chalkboard X1000!
The turd looked like it had been there a while, I hope you wiped after!

Luckily only a few of us and no OTT HDR warriors or anyone trying to surf on the slab so I didn't have to kill my time defecating haha.