real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria Arches, Manchester - December 2014 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria Arches, Manchester - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Victoria Arches, Manchester

Explored with Ojay, Ninjaboy, ViralEye, Kenni, Nickindroy and Stopford Lad

This has long been on my list of shit to see, and after missing the tourist entrance when the recent-ish construction project finished it seems like I'm one of the few people who hasn't seen it yet. Big thanks to Ojay and Ninjaboy for the invite and the help.

Wikipedia said:
The Victoria Arches are a series of bricked-up arches built in an embankment of the River Irwell in Manchester. They served as business premises, landing stages for Steam packet riverboats and as Second World War air-raid shelters. They were accessed from wooden staircases that descended from Victoria Street.

Regular flooding resulted in the closure of the steam-packet services in the early 20th century, and the arches were later used for general storage. Following the outbreak of the Second World War they were converted into air raid shelters. They are now bricked up and inaccessible, the staircases having been removed in the latter part of the 20th century.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

28.jpg

full set on't'website - http://www.snakeoil-urbex.co.uk/0067/

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I'd appreciate a shout next time you go here gents. I've been eager to get in for a while! :)

Awesome shots - I particularly like the 2 dark, shady ones

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Been a good while since anyone did a report from here, used to be almost weekly one point, good pics them.

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
Excellent pictures - glad to hear it's still there. One of the most atmospheric places I've been

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice clear shots there.

What was the desk in the Gent's lav? Attendant's desk?