real time web analytics
Report - - Vue cinema, Pilsworth - December 2014 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Vue cinema, Pilsworth - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alphonse Gangitano

Herbalist
28DL Full Member
Mooching.....

Been driving past this building for ages and always wanted a look inside. Anyway I saw a few recent reports that spurred me on to take a drive and see if access was still available. Well I turned up one rainy evening and walked the perimeter of the building. Access didnt look likely at first but then as I walked the corner access was obvious. Entered the cinema into screen no 10 . From the previous reports the cinema seemed in relatively good condition, this however is not the case now :( Metal thieves and the local Youf have been to work on the place slashing screens,smashing windows and nicking shiny stuff. Pipe lagging is strewn everywhere as you enter the lobby giving more indication that the thieves had been:mad. As I made my way to the foyer shinning my torch to lead the way I heard several almighty bangs..... the metal thieves where here :( time for me to make a sharp exit. Did'nt get to see half the stuff I wanted so I appologise for the lack of pictures. Just wanted to let people know that if they wanna go they should do it soon as its going rapidly downhill :mad

Bit of history.....

"The Vue in Pilsworth, which was opened as a Warner Bros complex in 1989, has seen more than 15 million filmgoers pass through its doors".

On 15 July 2010 the ex-Warner multiplex in Bury (Pilsworth) closed; a new Vue multiplex, which includes a “Vue Xtremeâ€￾ screen, opened the following day at the Rock shopping centre.

Vue took over the cinema from Warner Brothers in 2004, having first opened on the Park 66 complex in June 1989.

On with the pics.....

SAM_0907_zpsc5e7b5e2.jpg

SAM_0906_zps480da0b8.jpg

SAM_0905_zpsea6b8315.jpg

SAM_0904_zps4c4c444d.jpg

SAM_0902_zps3b66dafe.jpg

SAM_0901_zps1ff4cdb2.jpg

SAM_0895_zps18af4907.jpg

Will be back soon with friends :D

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Re: Vue cinema - Pilsworth December 14

I hope the pikeys don't set fire to anything with their grinders and need an extinguisher....... :D

PopPunkJamie

Irregular User
28DL Full Member

Metal thieves and the local Youf have been to work on the place slashing screens,smashing windows and nicking shiny stuff.

That's what happens when places end up all over the failbook groups

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member

That's what happens when places end up all over the failbook groups

nah, thats what happens when people don't secure their buildings. If it had been called "Wonky Shonky Cinema P" by the hdr goons it would still get trashed.