real time web analytics
Report - - Chateau HB (BE) - October 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chateau HB (BE) - October 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OverArch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Chateau HB

I'm not sure if this place has a code name so I made one up! I'm also not really sure of the history of this place other than it seems to date from the late 18th century and has probably had extensions and additions over the years, and probably ended its useful life with a fire - as a lot of these places seem to...

Visited with some mates from the Netherlands back in October and this was one of about four sites we visited during the day having failed on HF4 (due to a new fence and CCTV blocking our proposed entrance... how considerate, huh?!)

Set in what looks like the garden of another house or chateau its a pretty interesting place, and to see the difference in standard between the 'above stairs' accommodation and the 'below stairs' accommodation, or at least whats left of it.

Unfortunately none of the outside, we were chased off the site by the owner who arrived in a little blue renault van with his guard dog.... a jack russell!

Anyway here are the pics:

1. One of the main reception rooms with coat of arms above the fireplace
IMG_2193_1.jpg

2. I'm guessing this was part of what I think was servants quarters
IMG_2208-1.jpg

IMG_2217-1.jpg

IMG_2211-1.jpg

IMG_2214-1.jpg

6. Main staircase from above
IMG_2220_1_2.jpg

7. Main staircase from below
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

8. House in the garden
IMG_2278-1.jpg

9. Fuse box for the lift (this was one of two lifts in this place)
IMG_2279.jpg

10. Kitchen
IMG_2247-1.jpg

IMG_2241_2_3.jpg

IMG_2232_3_4.jpg

IMG_2248_9_50.jpg

14. Room with a view
IMG_2226-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Deredoer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Missed this when it was first posted.Some lovely shots mate.
That fireplace with two coats of arms and a coronet makes it quite an important piece.
Love to see the château posts.

The crazy wallpaper man.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
I'd just like to point out that I think there's a leak in the servants quarters.

Nice report :thumb

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Loving the stair shot man, seems a shame it's been left like this! Cheers for sharing. :) :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details