real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - December 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with my favourite food, drink and petrol provider BAJ.

We had visited here back in early 2012 whilst the works were ongoing to install the new roof, we hadn't even set foot in the grounds before getting a rollicking off the mega angry meat head security guard. We said that we would go back, however things always got in the way and we never got around to it. Fast forward nearly 3 years and he messages me asking if we fancy it for this weekend, so that's what we did. It was a nice morning well spent, we were only there for a couple of hours but I think we saw most of what there is to see really.

It is well and truly destroyed but here and there, there are some nice bits and pieces.

The actual explore of the hospital was uneventful it was the aftermath that was a bit chaotic. Firstly wandering in someone's back garden to look at some other derelict place, to be spotted (and shouted at) by someone having a shower. We then lost the car park, twenty minutes later and after asking 4/5 useless inhabitants of Denbigh we had found it. Still, it was worth the hassle!

Obviously over the years there have been too many reports to count from here, so I'm not adding anything new, thought I may as well post it anyway though. Plus I've not been anywhere or posted anything for far too long.

Designed by architect Thomas Full James to originally accommodate between 60 and 200 patients, the hospital originally had its own farm and gasworks. Planned for closure by Enoch Powell during the 1960s, it was closed in sections from 1991 to 2002.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Ta for looking :thumb

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see you back and out and about. Gimme a shout if your ever in london...

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I know I missed a handful of buildings on my visit recently but it's nice to see you found time to get into some of them

Hydro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like it would have been amazing in its day, shame its been wrecked.

great report!:thumb

Lavino

28DL Full Member
I see Jimmy saville made a appearance again he must have liked a spot of urbexing

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details