real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Newton, Notts - Dec 2014 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Newton, Notts - Dec 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Long time since I’ve had an explore with Frizman, and he’d just got his first Canon DSLR. Newton had been on the list for a long time, it was a good place for him to try it out.

I thought everything had gone from here, and that I had long missed the boat, so was quite pleased to find there were still a few buildings around to explore. Some rooms were a bit a stripped and empty, but buildings like the dining hall and bar were rewarding. Apart from the beginning of the day, we didn’t see security again, so had an enjoyable few hours mooch.
Thanks to Mr Sam for information on this place.

Explore with Frizman, on a bright winter’s day.

RAF Newton is a disused airfield in Nottinghamshire. It opened in July 1940 and closed in 2000. The hangars and other buildings are now used by a number of businesses within the Newton Commercial Centre.

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

An enjoyable day out with Frizman
Thanks for looking :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: RAF Newton, Notts, Dec14

I'm missing something here. Years ago we just used to wander around the hangars and control tower, everything was locked down and it seemed fairly live with light industry. Now it just seems like a wreck. There was a point in time when it was open and in condition?

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member

I'm missing something here. Years ago we just used to wander around the hangars and control tower, everything was locked down and it seemed fairly live with light industry. Now it just seems like a wreck. There was a point in time when it was open and in condition?

There was a lot of activity around the live buildings, but the dead ones are becoming vandalised.
I don't know OT. My first visit here. I've missed the heyday of this place, but this is my snapshot of our visit, and there was more than I thought there would be. Not epic, but an enjoyable afternoon

mattdonut

Like and subscribe
28DL Full Member

its an odd place, they look after the hangers and control tower with regular patrols
but since the workers from the A46 have gone and kids have moved into the new houses the other buildings have gone downhill quite fast
i think the TV studio building is still standing
but loads have gone the officers houses , officers mess squash court even the kids park...
nice pics mate... ive know there isnt much left but i still like newton

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member

its an odd place, they look after the hangers and control tower with regular patrols
but since the workers from the A46 have gone and kids have moved into the new houses the other buildings have gone downhill quite fast
i think the TV studio building is still standing
but loads have gone the officers houses , officers mess squash court even the kids park...
nice pics mate... ive know there isnt much left but i still like newton

Thanks mate.
we enjoyed our trip, and theres a few buildings we didn't see, so maybe a return trip next year

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice pics and report......looks as if its had better days!!! :rolleyes:

Sheard

~
28DL Full Member
Re: RAF Newton, Notts - Dec14

This looks awesome.. Great set! Loving the corridor shot.