real time web analytics
Report - - Moorcock Inn - Lancashire - Jan 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moorcock Inn - Lancashire - Jan 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Ok time i got some reports up. Thanks to Will Knotts report finally got the courage to check this out after some dodgy newspaper report of farmers police and alarms. Anyhow did this solo and can deffo say was very interesting and a bit of a Scare in a way.

The Explore ...

Got there after i nice walk from the village and was quite surprised by how big and cool looking it was. And at first it looked it quite good condition. But that soon changed. In i went cam ready first rooms where ok and in fairly good condition. The bar was great and the dome disco room was ok but badly trashed. Sadly the dome and been fairly smashed up. Then the scare. I went into another room with carpet and squish it went. Holy crap looked up and the ceiling to the bedrooms had a huge crack and water was coming through. I jumped back and thought damn explore going to end earlier cause its damn dangerous. However i said go for it but very very slowly. Found a nice staircase slightly away from the crack. Into one bedroom and another. The rooms where awesome and in really good condition well most anyways. Then the truth about the damage came. The metal fairies had indeed been and made so much damage that the floor was very very weak. To make matters worse the roof was starting to give way has water came in destroying all in its path. Even the fairies pulled out . I was to go no further but really wanted the money shot from roof of the dome. What to do. I looked out of the window and tested a few places it was squidgy and was not risking that until i saw a nice beam. I went for it and i will let the pics tell you the rest ENJOY.

History. ( Borrowed from Will knots (hope that's ok) Has i could not find anything else.

The privately owned Moorcock Inn Hotel and Restaurant, has closed and reopened a number of times under different management over the past 40 years. It finally shut its doors for the last time near the end of 2010.

In 1975 it was put into liquidation after losses of £97,500 were revealed. Later that year, the building was gutted by fire, but was then fully restored and re-opened in 1977. Plans were submitted to turn the site into a development of luxury flats, but after a number of years of wrangling, the plans were thrown out and the hotel became known for fruit machines and discos.

In 1984 it re-opened as a quality venue offering fine cuisine and functions. In 1995, permission was granted for 14 new bedrooms and a conference centre.

The future of the once popular country hotel hangs in the balance after plans to knock it down and build three houses were re-submitted.

Council’s planning committee turned down proposals to demolish it in November last year, saying the size of the houses did not meet local need and were out of keeping with the rural area.

DSC_0898_zpsb920316d.gif

Beer garden now overgrown
View attachment 620975

View attachment 620976

Somebody got angry with there tripod lol.
View attachment 620977

Where walking in the air. Found this funny
View attachment 620978

Nice old table
View attachment 620979

Room for 1 please The reception.
View attachment 620980

The bar
View attachment 620981

View attachment 620982

Dome disco room
View attachment 620983

The dome
View attachment 620984

Stage area
View attachment 620985

2nd bar
View attachment 620986

Wonder if last pint pulled or someone got caught short you decide lol
View attachment 620987

Menu
View attachment 620988

Baby chair
View attachment 620989

Old books still in good condition
View attachment 620990

Awesome old self playing piano Great find
View attachment 620991

View attachment 620992

bathrooms still in great condition
View attachment 620993

1 lump or 2
View attachment 620994

Start of damage
View attachment 620995

The shot i wanted from roof after pushing myself for it lol.
View attachment 620996

Sorry for all pics but this place deserves it because not sure how much she got left with that water etc.
If its to many i am sure we can trim down somehow. I even left some pics off rooms out could have easy been more, Please enjoy and thanks to will knotts post for finally getting me to this.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Lol I saw this and thought maybe someone on here would recognised it. And owned up to said temper and destruction of a tripod lmao

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details