real time web analytics
Question - - Sleeping bag purchase - anyone need one? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Sleeping bag purchase - anyone need one?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'm looking at getting a small sleeping bag. GAJ has highly recommended the Eurohike Down 500.

Retail price £100, at the moment discounted to £70 at Millets.

If you buy two, you save a further £35 and get free delivery.

-------------------------

Also on Ebay for £70 with no further discounts.

-------------------------

Here's the deal, looking for someone else who wants one as well, we split the cost of £115 (including onward delivery using a good service).

So, we end up paying £57.50 each. I'll pay the paypal charges.

Anyone interested?

$_57.jpg

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
These are really good sleeping bags. Had mine since April and it's been underground a fair few times now, and never let me down. Packs up really small.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
They are cracking for the price & less than half the size of a synthetic 4 season bag when fully compressed. I do find it a bit warm for underground but I sleep hot anyway so it's probably perfect for most people. Mine went pretty much everywhere including a winter Cairngorm's trip & I originally bought it in a rush as I didn't dry my previous down bag out properly so had to buy one quickly. Never bothered replacing it as it was so good.

Seriously, somebody get on board with this as you won't be disappointed. Just keep it stored uncompressed, loft it properly before you climb in, KEEP IT DRY & you'll be toasty in almost all conditions & have more room for alcohol in your bag :thumb

This is it on the left next to one of the smallest 1-2 season synthetic travel sleeping bags (now discontinued)

IMG_20140121_185946.jpg

Last edited:

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Do it folks, this is the best bag for the money you'll get. As adders has found out, it packs much smaller than specified if you really compress it so my picture above isn't an optical illusion, it really is tiny for a genuine 4 season bag. It's not the most technical bag, & certainly doesn't contain that hydrophylic down you can get wet, but it's about 1/3 of the price of one of these bags & doesn't weigh much more. Plus if you can't keep it dry you're doing something wrong.

Someone get buying one with AndrewB before they bin the offer :thumb

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Ah, you may be ok then, I boiled in a Snugpak jungle bag on a summer bivvy trip. Still try it without though as it's a properly warm bag. Better to leave a layer of clothing you're already wearing on rather than take the liner for packing light :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I was more than warm enough in a season 2 bag in the cattas, you need help if you require a season 4 and a fleece liner ffs! :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details