real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Fauld, Detonator stores - December 2013 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Fauld, Detonator stores - December 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Montstar

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
Part of a long weekend road trip with Kinger & Markymark back in December 2013 we stopped by here after hearing some pretty special things about it.

The tunnel leading to the stores was one of the cleanest, unmolested underground spaces I've ever been in. Not something we're used to seeing these days! The rest of the area is made up of several branches with storage "caverns" and bays. Towards the far end of cavern 8 (I think? It was a long time ago!) the floor and ceiling was pretty twisted up and uneven. Possibly a side-effect from the nearby explosion in the main site.

After exploring the detonator stores we were pissed to find that the entrance to the main site had been back-filled with soil, tree branches, rubble, anything they could lay their hands on it seems, within the week! Just missed out! Snooze ya lose.

OT has some great shots of the main Fauld site and links to the history.

16180085727_1a715c9054_c.jpg

16178593360_c1fe9fa2eb_c.jpg

16180087657_2293f84d28_c.jpg

15743530654_e2d8ae691a_c.jpg

16178352418_afdd136240_c.jpg

15746001893_fb2bbc8e78_c.jpg

16365078322_203b013309_c.jpg

16180094097_e90f26b3ff_c.jpg

16340013606_d19b78e0be_c.jpg

16365990365_0cd113edba_c.jpg

I feel so lucky to have seen even just a small part of this site. Thanks to the people who trusted us with the information and it's sad others fucked it for the rest of us.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Never thought I'd see some more pics from inside here, glad I was wrong, great report :thumb

Morgan Ross

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen reports of this place being sealed up now. Mr great grandad worked there and spent years clearing up. No surprise he didn't really like talking about what happened... I've always wondered what was left down there, and cant believe there is so much. If anyone knows of an alternative entrance and is planning a visit I'd really love to come along!

Steve-O

28DL Member
28DL Member
That place looks amazing, I've lived near that all my life and been to see the crater many times. I had never even thought that all that could exist right below my feet

AngryPaperUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen reports of this place being sealed up now. Mr great grandad worked there and spent years clearing up. No surprise he didn't really like talking about what happened... I've always wondered what was left down there, and cant believe there is so much. If anyone knows of an alternative entrance and is planning a visit I'd really love to come along!
Hi, I've been considering visiting the site, although all info on entrances is sketchy to say the least. The flow of information here is equally sparse. If anyone has any updates on entrances I'd be most grateful, my main interest is historic and photography [I guess I'd be regarded as a newbie]

AngryPaperUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I've been considering visiting the site, although all info on entrances is sketchy to say the least. The flow of information here is equally sparse. If anyone has any updates on entrances I'd be most grateful, my main interest is historic and photography [I guess I'd be regarded as a newbie]

thanks for the heads up, a little disappointed, but will try and find something similar.