real time web analytics
Report - - rooftop - London - February - 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - rooftop - London - February - 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ok after i uploaded these pics to my laptop i realised this building was the same one THE_RAW reported on.

now this is the first time ive done any roof-toping.

explored with 3 others ive met over on flickr, i wont mention their real names unless they tell me theyre on 28days of course.

not really much to say apart from it being real easy

hope you enjoy them, considering i havent really done any sort of night photography, i think thyre decent

DSC09401_zps2wrd8mq1.gif

View attachment 625059

View attachment 625060

View attachment 625061

View attachment 625062

View attachment 625063

View attachment 625064

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

A busy City always helps on these types of shots. And high rise deffo helps :D

Just an observation, which may be wrong as I'm viewing on my mobile :) may I suggest reducing the saturation levels back a bit & /or alter the white balance to get the excessive yellow down to more natural levels, it should improve the pics. I have the same issues if I'm being lazy/forget & shoot in AWB & don't adjust for Tungsten or create a dedicated custom 'K' setting or alter afterwards in lightroom etc.

And compare the end results.

Just a suggestion not a criticism ;)

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

A busy City always helps on these types of shots. And high rise deffo helps :D

Just an observation, which may be wrong as I'm viewing on my mobile :) may I suggest reducing the saturation levels back a bit & /or alter the white balance to get the excessive yellow down to more natural levels, it should improve the pics. I have the same issues if I'm being lazy/forget & shoot in AWB & don't adjust for Tungsten or create a dedicated custom 'K' setting or alter afterwards in lightroom etc.

And compare the end results.

Just a suggestion not a criticism ;)

awesome dude, cheers for that. you aint wrong, bit tooo much yellow going on

as you can tell im a total newbie shooting at night..appreciate your suggestion mate

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As i said its just a suggestion not a criticism ( i know it may come as a shock ;) you've got all the ingredients you need there, just mix them up a little differently & see the comparison.

You have a bonus with large city night shots with the high amount of light being generated to reduce your exposure times dramatically, gives you more time to review and re shoot as well.

We're these RAW or JPEG as the cameras JPEG engine usually over saturates by default setting like using Auto mode trying to create a happy medium .

It's sometimes difficult these days with all the different types of light sources all giving off different 'K' values and can alter your pictures dramatically just by turning 90 degrees along with different monitor settings as well. If we all used calibrated monitors the world would probably look very different :)

Although going off people's Photomatix output, some people already view the world differently :eek:

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
oh nah these were normal JPEGS, im gonna play around with photoshop later

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details