real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - St. Paul's National School - Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham - January 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) St. Paul's National School - Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham - January 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wolfsong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all, I introduced myself a while back, but I've been a little busy to get out on a proper explore... This site is part of my work and I had a chance to rummage inside, for those who know it or have been inside it's a fantastic little gem.

History, and the school was originally built in 1859, with plans drawn up earlier, which are available to view at the archives. They show a large hall and seperate small classrooms. The school changed structure over time but was run as a National School - a associated with the church and church values rather than the the free schools of the time. It was closed before the second world war and used by various as a warehouse (Legge Lane is an peculiar industrial area with small manufacturers in terraces, a lot of which are boarded up :rolleyes:) and later offices. It is now completely gutted, and slowly decaying. The light is amazing inside, but I didn't catch it very well. One wall is unstable, and props were being installed to keep it up.

SPnS176.jpg

SPnS177.jpg

st.P197.jpg

SPnS179.jpg

SPnS180.jpg

SPnS182.jpg

SPnS185.jpg

SPnS178.jpg

SPnS186.jpg

SPnS184.jpg

Thanks for tuning in!

Last edited:

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: St. Paul's National Church - Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham - January 2015

Ah what a shell, well done for getting something new up on the forum though. :thumb Cheers for sharing. :)

Wolfsong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Thanks! In the light of dawn I've realised I managed to call it a church in the thread name... It's a mistake I've been making for the last 7 months. Maybe a kindly admin would help a feller out?

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

You should be able to change it, if you go into edit post, then Go advanced and it should be avaliable to change. :thumb

DrdDrd

28DL Member
28DL Member
I am currently working with a group of young people at Perry Beeches Academy in the Jewellery Quarter, on a project funded by Heritage Lottery. We are looking at the life of the writer Kathleen Dayus, and creating an online 'Trail' showing some of the places she talks about in her books. She went to St Pauls School, so I was hoping we could get your permission to use some of your photos on the project website?
David Allen (MAT)