real time web analytics
Report - - DDR timecapsule: VEB Textima, 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DDR timecapsule: VEB Textima, 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NeQo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
VEB Kombinat Textima Karl-Marx-Stadt was an industrial complex of the DDR, product and textile machinery was subordinated to the Ministry of tooling and processing machines.
It's task was to develop, manufacture and sale of equipment and machines for the fiber industry, textile and clothing, for making thread, textile production, assembly, finishing, dry cleaning and laundry and the production of spare parts and accessories.

In this report you see the administrative part, and also the school for new employees.
The production halls have been destroyed for some time.

This is for me one of the most beautiful places i ever visited.
Places like this i call urbex in the true meaning of the word, no tags, no graffiti, no vandalism, nothing.
Nothing but 20 years of natural decay.
Really a true diamant.

Sorry for the long list of pictures.
For a place like this i made some extra effort, no hdr, no photoshop, only a little toning.

Enjoy!

VEB%20Textima-1.jpg

VEB%20Textima-2.jpg

VEB%20Textima-3.jpg

VEB%20Textima-4.jpg

VEB%20Textima-5.jpg

VEB%20Textima-6.jpg

VEB%20Textima-7.jpg

VEB%20Textima-8.jpg

VEB%20Textima-9.jpg

VEB%20Textima-10.jpg

VEB%20Textima-11.jpg

VEB%20Textima-12.jpg

VEB%20Textima-13.jpg

VEB%20Textima-14.jpg

VEB%20Textima-15.jpg

VEB%20Textima-16.jpg

VEB%20Textima-17.jpg

VEB%20Textima-18.jpg

VEB%20Textima-19.jpg

VEB%20Textima-20.jpg

VEB%20Textima-21.jpg

VEB%20Textima-22.jpg

VEB%20Textima-23.jpg

VEB%20Textima-24.jpg

VEB%20Textima-25.jpg

NeQo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: DDR timecapsule: VEB Textima

Almost 250 views and no replies?
Hmmmz...

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

Almost 250 views and no replies?
Hmmmz...

Some days are quieter than others, and you have to remember that there are many many people on 28days who just like to browse, and don't often comment on posts. You will likely end up with thousands of views and receive only a few verbal comments. That's the nature of any forum I guess. You have received a number of thumbs, which is always a good sign!

Maybe adjust the title too (generally they have the name of the site, the location and the month you visited), so more people know what they're about to click on. If the title is a bit vague I can imagine many people won't bother clicking on the thread.

Finally, I really liked your shots. Plenty of sharp images in there. It's an interesting site, some parts look really run down and others look like a time-capsule. I can smell the damp from here :thumb

jc_bromley

28DL Member
28DL Member

Loving pic No 8, the saggy bookcase says all there is to say about the preciousness of undamaged sites....

Tankman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Wow! Great find, for me, Pic No.8 is brill, love the way the weight of those files has bent the shelves over the abandoned years!
Thanks for sharing.:thumb

Darmon_Richter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

This is a fantastic set. Like you said, it's a real treat to see somewhere so historic, with not a scrap of graffiti. Excellent find, nice work.

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member

Some very nice photos there buddy! I love the sagging shelf and the very ropey looking ceiling that's caving in. Great work.

Inky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Wow this is cool, pic 8 is my favourite too. Lack of graff makes it even better

choctaw

Lost in Abandonedment.
28DL Full Member

Nice find and nice pics. The ones with the roof collapsing in seemed quite scary though.. :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details