real time web analytics
Accessing Drakelow - do it with permission, not without | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Accessing Drakelow - do it with permission, not without

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Derelict-UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Please note that this message is to be posted on all exploring forums I have access to and is not specifically aimed at any forum/group.

Over the last week, most recently today (Weds 04/03) at around 2.15pm we have had groups of 'explorers' trying to access Drakelow.

I am not sure if something has been said in regards to how to access the tunnels or if they are said to be open (which they are not), but it is out of bounds when we are not there.

The group who came down today said they were from Sheffield and had accents to go with it. There was another group who was found on the grounds by a local resident and he said they knew of the layout and were 'determined' to get in.

Let me stress one thing, the owner will phone the police if he thinks people are up to no-good, it is private property. I know what people say in regards to trespassing, but as I know the only way to enter Drakelow when it is locked is to break in, then there is no point even trying.

Why not come to an open day? or contact us to arrange a photography group that will give you access to the whole complex, or come down and help in a few of our work parties and we will return the favour with allowing you to do some photography down there.

There really is no need to break in, and as soon as you post the pictures, we will know who it is and I would hope that with the help of admin from each forum/group, you would be identified and quite possibly prosecuted for B&E and any damage caused in accessing the complex.

I also understand that people use the term explorers as a cover for going to steal and may not even be explorers, but 2 incidents of different groups of people in only a few days makes me think it may well be explorers and not 1 group of people going to try and steal anything.

Want to visit, send me a PM or get on our website: www.drakelow-tunnels.co.uk

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Like I said elsewhere, it's just been on the national news. People are assuming it's open and just turning up.

Uncle smurf

28DL Member
28DL Member
I agree it a great place I have been down there, on a official tour not on a random visit I might add