real time web analytics
Report - - Girls High School, Leeds, February 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Girls High School, Leeds, February 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
The site I was gonna visit, wasnt too be
& wont be doable until mid March.
So decided on visiting the Girls High school at Headingley,
very good condition in comparison too St Michaels college (which I believe they are demolishing).

Former fee paying, all girls school of higher education
founded in 1876 at Headingley.
The school became part of Leeds grammer school in 2005, ( officially in 2008)
forming the grammer school at Leeds.
The ex school buildings were used as St Matthews hospital for the ITV drama Monroe,
broadcast 10th March 2011 - 5th November 2012.

SAM_1738_zpsue2grl9g.jpg

SAM_1739_zpshluvbjuh.jpg

SAM_1732_zpsosmuz2ef.jpg

SAM_1731_zpsi2kawcxk.jpg

SAM_1725_zpscxiaaupm.jpg

SAM_1706_zpsfxkb5sav.jpg

SAM_1708_zpsyldnafay.jpg

SAM_1707_zpsbfpb2yki.jpg

SAM_1711_zpscxdblyhk.jpg

SAM_1712_zps8r6rznlz.jpg

SAM_1716_zps0saneo6x.jpg

SAM_1705_zpshjqt4enx.jpg

SAM_1704_zpsq1fuqrpm.jpg

beneath
SAM_1736_zpsw2cxojgj.jpg

SAM_1735_zpsg08ovrth.jpg

SAM_1734_zpsm1pfb2nl.jpg
SAM_1723_zpsxlkun0of.jpg

relics of filming studio
SAM_1728_zps8lgwsrq6.jpg

SAM_1727_zpsfykh24bt.jpg

SAM_1726_zpsmr8zzesx.jpg

SAM_1709_zpsch8xq2qz.jpg

stranton

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surprised to see it still not smashed too pieces mate.

Some decent pics there :thumb And nice to see someone else went into the Boileroom :)

No pics from the newer section ?

Lavino

28DL Full Member
That's a nice looking place and still intact well done mate good shots

Inky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate, need to get over to this before it gets trashed

Arcaned

Dirty Donker
28DL Full Member
This is one of the places I would like to visit before the vandals find it. I headed off here last month but ended up in Sheffield! Wish i'd have continued on the journey now. Some good looking snaps there :)

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice shots mate :thumb

Don't want to put people off either, but when we went last Saturday, there was a guy in a van on site... We came back 3 hours later to find a nice big heavy duty padlock and chain around the access point...

Keep looking though, with a bit of luck it may have been removed/temporary...

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Nice shots mate :thumb

Don't want to put people off either, but when we went last Saturday, there was a guy in a van on site... We came back 3 hours later to find a nice big heavy duty padlock and chain around the access point...

Keep looking though, with a bit of luck it may have been removed/temporary...

access changes on a daily basis,
its a case of been there at the right time & too keep trying.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Is anyone free [SOMETIME] to have a mooch around here?

Mr. Pipe - if you announce on a public forum when you plan to visit - then as well as fellow explorers, you may also find yourself in the company of the site's security, maybe the local police if they are bored, any local chavs that want to nick your kit, etc. etc :thumb

SunnyDay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited today - there is security living on site so I wouldn't worry about this place being trashed, it's also very well fortified. Access is tricky to say the least! so much so that security caught me in the act! He was actually really nice once he established we were taking pictures and not trying to loot the place! Will definitely be trying again in the near future though...

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Visited today - there is security living on site so I wouldn't worry about this place being trashed, it's also very well fortified. Access is tricky to say the least! so much so that security caught me in the act! He was actually really nice once he established we were taking pictures and not trying to loot the place! Will definitely be trying again in the near future though...

I was there 2 hrs no secca, fortified?

SunnyDay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They must've been asleep then haha they're in one of the buildings near the gate by the main road. Im quite sure; he showed me out the gate, locked it behind me and went back inside his fancy stone security house. On the way out I asked him how he found me and he said on the cameras. I was on the way in when he caught me unfortunately. If you got access quickly that's maybe why you had better luck than I! And yes it definitely is fairly well fortified or I'm missing something real obvious!