real time web analytics
Report - - Park Prewett, Villas, 25/02/2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Park Prewett, Villas, 25/02/2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

C

Chorlton

My second explore and first time solo so please bear with me.

After failing miserably to get into Pyestock I headed back to the M3 with my tail between my legs and mud on my boots to try my plan B instead :wanker

Despite the demolition there's still a fair bit left of this place. The main complex is surrounded by a makeshift fence but this is pretty easy to get around, while I was there the wind blew it down! Never one to let a good opportunity pass by I took a wander over it, unfortunately one of the workers pulled up in his jeep, I was expecting some kind of confrontation especially when he shouted over at me, but actually he was a nice bloke, he just asked me to give him a hand standing the fence back up again, then drove off and left me to it!

DSC_4437.jpg

DSC_4440.jpg

DSC_4431.jpg

I hung around for a bit taking a few external shots and looking longingly at the tower but security seemed intent on spending the day circling the site in their range rovers.

In the end I headed back to the field with the villas in. There are two big 2 storey buildings in there, no security and very easy access which was just what I needed after the days frustrations so far.

The first one (says Greenlands on the map) used to be the childrens ward, lots of brightly painted murals in here:

DSC_4495.jpg

DSC_4410.jpg

DSC_4412.jpg

DSC_4414.jpg

I love the textures on these paint peeled doors.
DSC_4416.jpg

Sign says "Messy Room" - it's empty in there now though..
DSC_4420.jpg

DSC_4422.jpg

I was creeping around in this place trying not to make too much noise and feeling very jumpy as I was on my own so you can imagine how I felt when I turned the corner up these stairs only to have 2 pigeons flying straight towards me!
DSC_4425.jpg

Ssshhhh!
DSC_4418.jpg

DSC_4429.jpg

DSC_4430.jpg

The other villa is much much bigger. It's marked on the map as Pinewood 1&2:
DSC_4443.jpg

DSC_4446.jpg

DSC_4460.jpg

DSC_4467.jpg

DSC_4471.jpg

I think lift was out of order!