Visited with Marc.

This was our last site of the day and definitely worth sitting in annoying traffic light jams for. Marc had been here before but he kindly didn't mind going again to show me how epic it was. I have a vague recollection of folks visiting this a while back but perhaps I was wrong because I can't find any trace of it on here It was truly amazing with stunning projectors!

Originally named Boyce Barracks, but re-named in 1948 following the visit of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

This large barracks complex was built to act as the Depot for the Royal Army Medical Corps, who used it until 1962. From 1965 until 1970 it was used by Training Regiments of the Royal Corps of Transport. From 1970 until 2000 it was used by Gurkha Regiments.

Wooden hutted camp, with single storey barrack blocks arranged as 'spiders'. The camp could accommodate 2 500 men in peace time. This camp also included a numbers of stores and administration buildings, as well as a large parade area, gymnasium and cinema.

Site sold by the MOD and due for redevelopment as housing. The headquarters administration building has been moved and preserved at the Aldershot Military Museum.