Pretty much a ruin now but a very nice on at that, The lack of roof means everything is rotten but the 4 level design is amazing, theres some really nice touches in there!
Will be shame when it is lost but its really is too late surely?!
Originally Posted by cinema treasures
Designed by local architects Campbell & Horsley, the theatre was originally called the Lyceum Theatre and was opened on Thursday, February 23, 1899. It is located on Church Street at the corner of Mather Road.
The auditorium has three tiers supported by four columns. The fire curtain was embossed with the Bourough of Eccles Heraldic emblem.
The proscenium surround is decorated to represent Shakespeare's "Seven Ages of Man" The frontage is quite ornamental in Accrington brick and terracotta.
In March 1899, the Eccles public were treated to a ten minute bioscope presentation, "The Spanish Bull Fight". Originally, the theatre's owners intended a more cultural entertainment of Shakespeare and operettas, however by 1900 the theatre began to put on variety and novelty acts.
In 1907, the theatre changed ownership and weas renamed the Crown Theatre. In 1932 the Crown became a cinema, just in time for the "talkies"
In 1955, the Crown became part of the Snape Circuit and continued showing films until 1963 when it became the inevitable bingo house.
It closed a couple of years ago and has been shuttered ever since. Sadly, this building isn't even listed by the local authority Salford Council -- but it should be.