This was originally an Edwardian theatre, which was converted to a cinema in the late 1930's. In this form, it lasted until 1968, then being converted into a bingo club. An extension was built at the rear and the stage and a mezzanine floor inserted into it. The balcony was initiallly used, but as patronage declined it fell out of use.
The upper levels and the projection room have just been left. Interesting items include a stepped dimmer bank, though on its side on the steps and antique electrical rectifiers. The Tea Bar is so dated!
Please enjoy.

This is the original theatre dome