Explored with nij
History from the Telegraph & Argus.
The old Mecca Locarno cost £550,000 when it opened in Manningham Lane in the early 1960s on the site of a former roller skating arena which was burned to the ground in 1955.
It later became known as Dollars and Dimes and the Palace before the venue was bought by Mr Majid in 1990 and became known as Maestros. It was then turned into Penningtons by Bradford businessman John Pennington who sold it in 2003 when it became the Town and Country.
Property developer Mr Majid remained tight-lipped about his plans for the site, but offered assurances that it would be a development the area would be "proud of".
External from Skyscrapercity.
The old roller skating rink before it burnt down
The staff from Mecca Locarno
Thanks for looking