1. Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - G Block, Bletchley park. (FEBRUARY 2013)

Discussion in 'Military Sites' started by Southside UE, Jun 6, 2013.

  1. Southside UE

    Southside UE 28DL Regular User
    Regular User

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2013
    Messages:
    143
    Likes Received:
    2
    Visited G block back in february, one of my first proper explores,

    Constructed in October 1943 as an addition to D and F blocks, block G formed part of the Government Code & Cipher School. It comprises of two self-contained but interconnecting elements; a single storey complex of five spurs to the west and a two storey complex of five spurs, arranged in a U-shape formation to the east.

    The single storey spurs to the west housed the ISK and ISOS sections, who dealt with decoding of Enigma and conventional cipher messages from the German secret service. The two storey U-shaped block to the east housed SIXTA, the Army traffic analysis sections, who dealt with the direction of radio intercept stations and analysis of enemy radio traffic.

    After the departure of the Government Code & Cipher School in 1946 the building was used as a training school for the Post Office and then British Telecom. A prefab extension was added during the 60s and 4 training sheds by 1976. Since e closure of the school in 1984 the building has been empty and became part of the Bletchley Park Trust in 1994.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     

    Remove this ad by donating or subscribing.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Share This Page

Remove this ad by creating an account and logging in