1. Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Record Marples Tools - Sheffield - Dec 14 (repost)

Discussion in 'Industrial Sites' started by ledgehammer, Mar 28, 2015.

  1. ledgehammer

    ledgehammer 28DL Regular User
    Regular User

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2014
    Messages:
    428
    Likes Received:
    295
    Home Page:
    Repost Due to missing links>

    History>

    In 1898 two brothers, Charles and Joseph Hampton, left the family business 'The Steel Nut and Joseph Hampton Limited' in Staffordshire, to go to Sheffield and set up their own business in Attercliffe. Their partnership was called 'C & J Hampton'. Shortly afterwards Charles and Josepth fell out and Josepth returned to Wednesbury. In about 1900 the two sons of Charles, Horace and Charles W. Hampton joined their father in the business. When C & J Hampton became a private limited company on the 14 May 1908, their premises were located at The Eagle Foundry, Livingston Road, Sheffield. It was at this address one year later that the Record trademark was registered in the Trademark Journal.

    From 1909 to 1930 their production consisted of engineering and woodworking vices, G clamps, T bar sash cramps, floor cramps, pipe cutters, Stillson wrenches and lifting jacks. By 1912 the company had relocated to a new factory on Ouse road, Attercliffe, Sheffield and in 1929 Charles Hampton died and his two sons Horace and Charles W Hampton became joint managing directors. The company moved to Bernard Road in 1936 and again, to The Parkway Works Sheffield in 1963. In 1946 the Record Tool Company Limited was formed to protect the Record brand name.

    In 1963 Record Tool Company acquired an equal 50% interest with William Ridgway in William Marples and Sons Limited. This is when Record Tools moved to the Parkway Works, Sheffield. On The 29th of September 1972 the company merged with William Ridgway to form Record Ridgway Tools Ltd and was made up off 14 UK Companies with 5 overseas companies. 1982 saw the takeover of Record Ridgway by AB Bahco of Sweden. This arrangement was short-lived, and a management buyout was announced in 1985 returning the company to British ownership to Record Holdings plc. In 1998 the board decided to accept an offer from American Tool Corp Inc. trading as Record Irwin.

    Visit>
    Nice easy access, and some really nice graff here - Its used for raves too (apparently)

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    again a tad graffiti heavy...

    best...
     

    Remove this ad by donating or subscribing.

  2. KM_Punk

    KM_Punk Muppet
    Regular User

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1,380
    Likes Received:
    635
    I really like this :thumb The graff in pic 4 is very Pink Floyd like :thumb Cheers for sharing
     
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Share This Page

Remove this ad by creating an account and logging in