1. Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Robins Cinema, Camberley, Surrey - November 2012

Discussion in 'Theatres and Cinemas' started by zombizza, Nov 6, 2012.

  1. zombizza

    zombizza Pink
    Regular User

    Sep 30, 2010
    Likes Received:
    This place is the pits. Stinky and ruined. But was a fun hour spent anyway.
    Its looking pretty shoddy when compared with photos of the place a couple of years back.

    "Originally planned as the Astoria Cinema, it was taken over during construction by the County Cinemas circuit and opened on 27th August 1932 as the Regal Cinema. Designed by noted Birmigham based architect Harold Seymour Scott, it had seating in stalls and circle. An added attraction was the Regal cafe.

    In the Spring of 1937, County Cinemas were taken over by Oscar Deutsch's Odeon Theatres Ltd. In 1946, it was re-named Odeon. In October 1967, the Odeon Camberley was one of 40 Odeon cinemas that were sold to the Classic Cinemas chain, and the name was changed to Classic.

    The Classic Cinema was tripled in 1973, with the former circle converted into screen 1 with 358 seats and two screens located in the former rear stalls seating 155 and 131.

    The Classic Cinemas chain was sold to the Cannon Group in May 1982 and it was re-named Cannon, being re-furbished in 1983. The Cannon closed on 17th February 1994 and re-opened the following day as part of the independent Robins Cinemas chain, re-named Robins Cinema. There were now 420 seats in the former circle screen and and 114 and 94 seats in the former rear stalls screens. A snooker club operated from the former cafe area.

    The Robins Cinema was closed on 15th May 2003, and the snooker club was suddenly closed in February 2006."



    [​IMG] [​IMG]

    [​IMG] [​IMG]




    Remove this ad by donating or subscribing.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Share This Page

Remove this ad by creating an account and logging in