1. Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Summerlands Lodge, Kent, Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Other Sites' started by space invader, Sep 20, 2011.

  1. space invader

    space invader 28DL Full Member
    28DL Full Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2010
    Messages:
    42
    Likes Received:
    2
    visited with obscurity...

    a little history..

    Built in 1906, as new premises for a preparatory school,called Doon House School.

    The school was closed in the early part of the Second World War and the property requisitioned by the military as an officer's mess for nearby Manston airfield. In 1946 it became the headquarters of the British Legion Homes, Maurice House. The home moved to new premises in nearby Broadstairs, the building became the head office for a construction company and then, in the mid-1980's a nursing home.
    A large neo-Georgian property set back from the road with substantial gravel approach and grounds. Constructed in red brick with stone dressings it comprises of a central projecting gable flanked by two of similar design to the left and right of the property.

    A tiled roof with central glazed timber lantern and six dormer windows to the front elevation. Three round windows with decorative brick surround to the gable ends with decorative timber soffit and corbel.
    To the centre of the building to the first floor is an impressive leaded window the upper portion divided into four parts. These contains the coat of arms of colleges that two founders and original masters of Doon House School attended. The main entrance, which is situated below the leaded window, has a fine stone arched broken pediment surround terminated with two well-detained Corinthian columns.

    on with the pics..

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    thanks for looking:)
     

    Remove this ad by donating or subscribing.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Share This Page

Remove this ad by creating an account and logging in