real time web analytics
Question - - Anyone used Urbex.ai? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Anyone used Urbex.ai?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rhys144

28DL Member
28DL Member
So I’ve been exploring for maybe 6-7 years now. I started driving a while back and it took a lot of my attention. Just recently I realised the potential I have right in front of me, and have been up and down the country 4 times in the last 6 days to tons of different sites.

So as a result of this I am looking everywhere for new sites currently. Now I’ve read the rules and I’m not here for any site recommendations while I have two current posts.

But I stumbled across Urbex.ai, it apparently pulls images from Flickr and creates a map? Anyone used this before? Is there anything relevant on it? Worth while? Is it a load horseshit?…

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Not going to be new sites if its pulling other peoples pictures off flickr. Will probably just be a map of the usual tourbus locations.

It's not even that, it pulls together anything that looks vaguely derelict leaving a map full of largely nonsense and maybe a bunch of well trodden nonsense too.

None of these publicly available maps or apps or whatever are any good, they're designed for people with either very low intelligence or very low drive to find stuff themselves, there's no substitute for doing your own leg work.

tigger

mog
Regular User
But I stumbled across Urbex.ai, it apparently pulls images from Flickr and creates a map? Anyone used this before? Is there anything relevant on it? Worth while? Is it a load horseshit?…

Presumably you have looked? What did you think?

Interesting that they use the 'ai' TLD when it is probably little more than a web crawler search like google. Matching specific words in image descriptions.

What it is likley to be is a good money spinner for whoever owns the domain ;)

Last edited:

Rhys144

28DL Member
28DL Member
Presumably you have looked? What did you think?

Interesting that they use the 'ai' TLD when it is probably little more than a web crawler search like google. Matching specific words in image descriptions.

What it is likley to be is a good money spinner for whoever owns the domain ;)
In all honestly, I couldnt get the damn site to work one bit. So I was wondering if anyone had any success and maybe I was just being stupid...
From the sounds of it, if it is pulling anything derelict from online it will be ass