real time web analytics
Report - - Boughton Church Ruins - May 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Boughton Church Ruins - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RobertLeem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History of Boughton Church
The church dates back to roughly 1201, surrounded by trees and built on a hill, there is little documentation about the church, the medieval village declined in the 15th Century and the church became neglected and began to fall into ruin. In 1786 the spire collapsed causing significant damage, over time fell into further disrepair.

The Haunting of Bought Church
I know from reading the forum rules that they don't like supernatural elements, I hope you don't mind me adding this, apparently this church and graveyard is supposed to be one of the most haunted churches in England, numerous people who have taken pictures have seen ghostly figures on their photos. It is supposed to be haunted by the infamous highwayman "Captain Slash", who was subsequently tried and hanged here

Taken from the website Liberal England. A beautiful woman also haunts the graveyard and entices passers by with a kiss, legend has it that should you accept the kiss, one month later you will meet your death, In 1875 a beautiful woman asked William Parker to sit with her, a little while later he said farewell and kissed her, the lady then simply vanished, one month later William died

It is also supposed to be haunted by children and a woman in a white robe along with a headless man

Exploring Bought Church
Parking is available from the road on a large tarmac verge, access is through a gate and down a hill to the ruins, it is pretty steep with many holes where rabbits have burrowed, graveyards surround the church along with trees, those who enjoy exploring drains and caves etc will like to take a look at this church because at the rear of the ruins is a small cave where spring water pours to the surface, its supposed to access the chambers beneath

When the nights start to role in again, I intend to revisit and take further photos, it is a lovely church to walk around

I hope you enjoyed reading this report - This is what you initially see as you walk down the hill from the gate

Side of the church

The rear of the church - the spring is just below the far arched window