real time web analytics
Report - - Hi-Finish Castings, Hall Green, Birmingham - August 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hi-Finish Castings, Hall Green, Birmingham - August 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After not being active here for a few years I've decided to do some re-posts since most of my old reports disappeared as well as some new ones.

This was my second explore, this place had been doing the rounds on the forum a fair bit at this point and it seemed an easier explore for a novice to the hobby, I was joined by my two friends who have been exploring way longer than me. However anyone that has been here will remember that it was situated in the middle of a residential street, I recall a neighbour staring at us out of their window as we were leaving the site.

The company made high pressure die castings and car parts. It was originally founded in 1920 at a different site, this one was built between 1935 and 1941. The company closed in 2008. I believe the site has since been demolished.

The main factory bit was quite empty but had some nice gems dotted about, the offices upstairs were very nice and quite dated looking.

Hi-Finish.png

The only shot of the front I seem to have that I took on my phone.

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0184.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0200.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

I didn't take any shots of the canteen except this, but I remember it being depressing. All you could see out of the windows was a brick wall!

DSC_0229.JPG

Look at those prices!

DSC_0233.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
To be fair it was a decent place. Hard to crack when Rolls Royce were still on the back of it yet lucrative when they had gone.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Looked decent. I like that silver coloured moulding on the wall. The toilets are a bit strange lol