real time web analytics
Report - - Kettleness & Sandsend tunnels, April 2015 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kettleness & Sandsend tunnels, April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Port Mulgrave & Co next then ?
I've done a few trips to Grinkle mine/culvert and am intending a report on that shortly. Mulgrave is a different beast as I believe access is now blocked at the cliff entrance. The other end has potential though ....

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah so I've read. Wasted a full day researching all the available info off the various sites including all the conspiracy theories lol.
The annoying thing is I was down Mule rave 2 yr ago doing landscape and never knew about the Tunnels, liking back on my pics I can just make out the overgrown Portal, but that's only because I now know where it is ;)
Managed to fit one in last week during a day out to Whitby , .....mental block ......Ravenscar, nice little tunnel I thought, very photogenic and a bonus of not being in West Yorkshire no Pallisade battlements covered in grease (as grease is obviously a bigger deterrent than being impailed on 12ft of razor sharp fencing ;)

I've a week in the Farnes coming up so I'm gonna spend some time in the area on the way north. It'd be rude not too ;)

Keep up the good work mate

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, Ravenscar. No access issues with that one! Did that a few weeks ago but not really enough meat for a full report although I might stick a quick one up for the tunnel fiends.

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, Ravenscar. No access issues with that one! Did that a few weeks ago but not really enough meat for a full report although I might stick a quick one up for the tunnel fiends.

Would like to see that. Ravenscar though short has a nice bend and of course a fair old gradient in it too.

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here's a MASSIVE clue: don't say I don't give you anything. Plus you get to see me in my ultimate subterranean Umbex fleece and wellies combo. I'll let you have a try of my safety headgear if you ask nicely.
IMG_1833.jpg

Mutagen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey, we all know there's a Kettlenesx in the extreme north east of Siberia - the lengths we go to for some gnarly Umbexing.

Hypatia

28DL Member
28DL Member
Fabulous, & beautiful pics ~ Thanks for sharing these; my pics, & memory of the tunnel, arn't so good & it's great to have some detailed & quality photos' to look at, love the article :)

Last edited: