real time web analytics
Long time no see - North East looking to explore | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Long time no see - North East looking to explore

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

To Varrock

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello again 28DL,

Well, it's been a long time!

I used to do a ton of Urbex around 10 years ago, for a few years. Many a road-trip exploring hospitals, cinema's, schools, factories, hotels, the list is endless. (A personal favorite was Camelot back in 2015, or the burnt down hotels across the Blackpool Coast in the same year)

That was all when I lived in the Blackpool area, I had a few friends I introduced to the hobby and sadly I moved to university in the North East a couple of years later and I haven't moved back. Unfortunately, I've not managed to find friends with the similar passion of exploring abandoned buildings around here, so I stopped a while ago. But I've never stopped being curious and wanting to get back out there, so I thought I would finally bite the bullet and put a post back up on here!

I'm looking for new friends to adventure with around the North East, I'm based in Newcastle. As well as any cool sites or recommendations for this or the surrounding area! Would love to get back into my photography and my passion for the abandoned.

I also seem to remember there being an "urbex map" that was on 28DL, but I've not been able to find it for a very long time now. That used to be my go-to resource, as well as scouting google maps and endless google searches or my own research. So if anyone could help with this regard as well I would be incredibly grateful!

Thanks for reading!
- FB

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Welcome (back) to 28!

In all honestly you're unlikely to get people agreeing to meet you before you've got some reports up and they know you are genuine. Might be worth doing a few solo things first to if you've still got photos from your previous reports might be worth turning them into reports?

I'd also recommend giving the Survival guide a quick read: 28 Days Later Survival Guide for Newbies. | New Members Introduction

Ah Camelot, so many shit memories :rofl

Markylad

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello again 28DL,

Well, it's been a long time!

I used to do a ton of Urbex around 10 years ago, for a few years. Many a road-trip exploring hospitals, cinema's, schools, factories, hotels, the list is endless. (A personal favorite was Camelot back in 2015, or the burnt down hotels across the Blackpool Coast in the same year)

That was all when I lived in the Blackpool area, I had a few friends I introduced to the hobby and sadly I moved to university in the North East a couple of years later and I haven't moved back. Unfortunately, I've not managed to find friends with the similar passion of exploring abandoned buildings around here, so I stopped a while ago. But I've never stopped being curious and wanting to get back out there, so I thought I would finally bite the bullet and put a post back up on here!

I'm looking for new friends to adventure with around the North East, I'm based in Newcastle. As well as any cool sites or recommendations for this or the surrounding area! Would love to get back into my photography and my passion for the abandoned.

I also seem to remember there being an "urbex map" that was on 28DL, but I've not been able to find it for a very long time now. That used to be my go-to resource, as well as scouting google maps and endless google searches or my own research. So if anyone could help with this regard as well I would be incredibly grateful!

Thanks for reading!
- FB
Hey m8 iv just joined this group iv been wanting to go see abandoned places for a while now but havnt a clue how to start iv messaged loads of groups on Facebook and Instagram how a would get started or how I can find them had no reply apart from someone giving me the link for this group iv been wanting to give up but every time a see houses and old properties abandoned & have a look at the pics a carnt can you not find where to go a will take us hehe hope ya ok m8 👍🏽

Vanya

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey man I’m in your area and am fairly new to this but have made a start, let me know if you’re interested. Just come back from climbing steeply peir and managed to set a highline between both ends of it but had to leave because of the tide. But if you’re down for stuff like this let me know!

Rammy99

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi I’m durham based used to explore all the time just started getting back into it the past few month there’s loads of great places around Newcastle

Vanya

28DL Member
28DL Member
if your down to do some exploring (ideally stuff that involves ropes) at any point just let me know *phone number omitted*
Hi I’m durham based used to explore all the time just started getting back into it the past few month there’s loads of great places around Newcastle

Last edited by a moderator: