real time web analytics
Report - - Round Hill Pump Houses, Norfolk : December 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Round Hill Pump Houses, Norfolk : December 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Round Hill Pump Houses

Two for one here. They aren't report worthy individually, so chucked them together on one report.
These stations are situated very close to one another on a piece of land called Round Hill. They are both to assist in drainage of the fields, pumping into drains which eventually flow into the River Waveney. The first we visited was a prefab type building housing a Brook Motors electric motor attached to a Caprari pump. Caprari is an Italian manufacturer of pumps and equipment, founded in 1945. Not something I've seen before in a station, but I suppose this has much newer equipment than ones I've found previously. There were some really lovely dials and gauges in this station. Proper old style ones.

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

The second station housed an electric motor also, which I tried to find a manufacturer's plate on, but was unsuccessful. It's a similar design to the Brook motor found in the previous station, but obviously can't say for definite it's a Brook motor. They are quite common so good chance it is. The motor drives a Sigmund Pulsometer Pump which is capable of pumping 207 gallons a minute and can run at 2900rpm. Like the station before, it had a Wade Rain hand primer on the pipe. Externally, this station looked much nicer with the ivy flowing over the roof.

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
They had some lovely details in didn't they with the gauges etc. And nice to see some complete electric pumps as well. Another couple of decent ones ticked off!

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hey mate got a place that looks promising and here it is 52.475844,0.173773
Looks like it may just be a storage building? Doesn't seem to be on any drains or rivers ect. Something interesting inside by the looks of it though.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A couple of nice ones there. I've not seen anything like the little aluminium vessel with a lever in top of the pump volutes before. I can only imagine it's something to do with priming them.

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Exact
A couple of nice ones there. I've not seen anything like the little aluminium vessel with a lever in top of the pump volutes before. I can only imagine it's something to do with priming them.
Yeah when you operate it, it feels like a vacuum is created and it bleeds the system I believe. Done three stations close to this one and they all had them in strangely