real time web analytics
Report - - Tarn End House hotel, Carlisle, June 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tarn End House hotel, Carlisle, June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First off I should mention that this is my first report, so any major issues or improvements please let me know! I had an absolute nightmare with flickr not working at all so after two hours I've had to resort to photobucket!

History: Tarn end house has been difficult to try and research history wise, having trawled the internet for clues it appears the local media have reported on it so much that finding any actual information about the site is nigh on impossible (however saying this I'm sure somebody here will do a much better job at it than I have). All I could gather is that it was closed in 2005, and since then it has exchanged hands multiple times, bought in 2008 for £850,000 it has since fell into disrepair, with planning permission repeatedly denied by many local residents. The building is expected to be demolished once the land owners have used up their few remaining options for appeal.

The explore: I first came across the building by accident, from walking around the local 'Talkin Tarn' lake, I decided to have a scout around and see if there was any access. Myself and another non-member managed to get in without having to scale any fences (phew) however be careful as the main entry point is based on a fairly busy stretch. At the time of the visit security was non-existant, nor where there any signs of security ever existing there. Flitting about between buildings involves being exposed so be patient, but be quick. Being my first explore I was fairly conscious of being spotted. Before uploading this post I visited the site three times, once to work out access, once to noisy around, and the third time to photograph. Be mindful of sharps as it does appear to be the type of place where drug abuse would be common. The upstairs floor is also suffering from wood rot - with slats missing in places and evidence of feet having went through the boards, however we were careful and managed not to fall through.

27305259843_d120def972_b.jpg

IMG_1319_zpsfahfuzn5.jpg

One of the many holes in the floor (looking up)
IMG_1317_zpsxkgpkaru.jpg

IMG_1306_zpsnzohyeom.jpg

IMG_1304_zpssegdpvnp.jpg

IMG_1452_zpszjmxgnsd.jpg

IMG_1449_zpsa0kvciyk.jpg

IMG_1436_zpssj5ls0hg.jpg

IMG_1433_zpsjsjqmos6.jpg

IMG_1432_zpszqhytnto.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsjcc9expz.jpg

IMG_1424_zps0mpsat5z.jpg

IMG_1413_zpslgjclwik.jpg

IMG_1407_zpsn9z2bskg.jpg

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
(Further images)

IMG_1395_zpspgjhhrqw.jpg

IMG_1387_zpsp5id9hfp.jpg

There was a bird living in this room - didnt half scare the s**t out of us!
IMG_1380_zpsh223d8ul.jpg

The holes in the floorboards (looking down)
IMG_1377_zps6ps30krc.jpg

IMG_1375_zpslbpqjtsb.jpg

IMG_1372_zpsiq5ci4pi.jpg

IMG_1366_zpsbyjquayi.jpg

IMG_1364_zps58jtwtsc.jpg

IMG_1359_zpscybzgou5.jpg

IMG_1357_zpsglehym2j.jpg

IMG_1355_zpssw6rrzf8.jpg

IMG_1352_zps1favtq6x.jpg

IMG_1347_zpshxdmo4z9.jpg

IMG_1344_zpsaudi94wl.jpg

IMG_1338_zpswyt11vpz.jpg

IMG_1336_zpsyddvkdpi.jpg

IMG_1330_zps2eke3zsc.jpg

IMG_1328_zpsh7kznywm.jpg

Alohomora

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report and it's always more scary when your doing an explore when natures bloom in' animals inhabit the place and happen to scare the be-Jesus outta ya lol nice pictures, I really like the one with the plastic white chair in.... Well done on your first report mate :thumb

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No external shots its much better from the outside. Looked promising when i went 2 or 3 years ago nice exterior then totally stripped inside. Good effort for a first report.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A lot of the photos you have included here are quite similar.

The best option is to choose 10 or so shots that you like the most and post them, then put a link to the rest of the shots then people can choose if they want to see more of a place or not.

Very very few places warrant more than 15 or 20 shots, never mind 32!

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Nice one on your first report, but as mentioned, too many pics

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all the advice - currently scouting out new places and hopefully my next report will be spot on! All the advice is very much appreciated

Screw Loose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Update: I attempted to return to the site today, secca has been and made access a lot more difficult, althiugh not impossible! Think outside the box!