real time web analytics
Question - - Tell me your experience of Denbigh Asylum, or the North Wales Hospital! | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Tell me your experience of Denbigh Asylum, or the North Wales Hospital!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bethmwriter

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I'm writing an essay on the culture of trespassing on the site of Denbigh Asylum, and was hoping that some of you may tell me what your experiences have been. Personally, I grew up in the area, and so as a teenager would access the site often. Now that it's being redeveloped, I think that the importance of what this building has come to mean in its decaying state (as a landmark for urban explorers and young people from the area) is being overlooked.

I think it's slightly a shame that, even though I agree the site is dangerous and the building shouldn't have been allowed to deteriorate so much, it's become to mean something quite different for younger generations or those who weren't affiliated with the Hospital historically. As explorers of the site yourselves, what do you think about the intentions to redevelop it into residential homes and business plots, particularly as only less than half of the building's original features are thought to be preserved?

Thank you!

Dave37113

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
the shocking state of the fence down the public path that cuts through from one side of the hospital to the other is a joke nails in tree trunks scaffolding bars,barbed wire strewn over the path its a deathtrap.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Interesting wording in your first sentence. You may not get the interaction you had hoped for.
Also 'accessing' the place as a kid? Why not label yourself as a trespasser.

To reply to one of your comments, and its only in my opinion, to need to consider 'tresspassers' or as we like to call ourselves explorers whist making plans to renovate or demolish a building is ridiculous.

c2e

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Followed the fence and found it just ended near the new construction entrance soon found a way in behind a harris fence was a bit of a shit hole not worth the journey to come and down it anymore this was 2-3 years ago