real time web analytics
Video - - Thornton Fever Hospital - Fife | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - Thornton Fever Hospital - Fife

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Opened in 1902 as a fever isolation hospital- treating illnesses such as scarlet fever, diphtheria and meningitis. The Fife Typhoid epidemic in 1903 ensured that the hospital was full to capacity. Due to the building of the new hospital in Dunfermline the hospital closed its doors in 1967 and remained empty until 1970.
It was then that the building was bought and turned into an institution for children between the age of 6-16 who were seen as maladjusted and mentally handicapped. Children from all over the UK were sent to the school. An inspection was carried out in 1971 after concerns were raised that the school was not fit for purpose. The owner of the school became bankrupt in 1972 and the school closed.

Does anyone have any of there own photographs and accounts on this place? Please, feel free to share them.

Thank you and have a pleasant day
T

OutlawExplorer

Aut inveniam viat aut faciam
28DL Full Member
Nice vid mate. I think you could make it seem a lot higher quality if you did something about the audio, maybe added some background music or something. Hearing you breathe takes away from the beauty of the place a bit. Not trying to nitpick, just think it would make for a better piece of media. Keep it up

T_Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice vid mate. I think you could make it seem a lot higher quality if you did something about the audio, maybe added some background music or something. Hearing you breathe takes away from the beauty of the place a bit. Not trying to nitpick, just think it would make for a better piece of media. Keep it up
Hey, OutlawExplorer... Thank you for the feedback it is very much appreciated. I know that the breathing can be an issue in the audio. Though, I am asthmatic and find breathing generally difficult, so it is hard to suppress. I will try and invest in a better mask moving forward. I was also thinking of adding music to my videos aswell a couple of months ago, so I will see further on. But, to reiterate thank you for the support and happy exploring.

T

Last edited:

W0LF

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Opened in 1902 as a fever isolation hospital- treating illnesses such as scarlet fever, diphtheria and meningitis. The Fife Typhoid epidemic in 1903 ensured that the hospital was full to capacity. Due to the building of the new hospital in Dunfermline the hospital closed its doors in 1967 and remained empty until 1970.
It was then that the building was bought and turned into an institution for children between the age of 6-16 who were seen as maladjusted and mentally handicapped. Children from all over the UK were sent to the school. An inspection was carried out in 1971 after concerns were raised that the school was not fit for purpose. The owner of the school became bankrupt in 1972 and the school closed.

Here is my video with photographs included at the end... Abandoned Hospital in Fife

Does anyone have any of there own photographs and accounts on this place? Please, feel free to share them.

Thank you and have a pleasant day
T
Great video. Thanks for sharing! :thumb