real time web analytics
Report - - Unity mill, Woodley, September 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Unity mill, Woodley, September 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
New member here. Not my first explore, but my most recent and my first report so and guidance is welcome. I have some far more interesting places to report once iv learned the ropes.

History
I honestly have no idea about this place but this is what i found online
The mill buildings are considered to be of archaeological and historic interest and are included in the Greater Manchester Sites and Monuments Record (Ref MGM 3239). The mill is thought to have been constructed in the 1860s for spinning cotton and was formerly known as Trianon Mill. By the 1890’s the mill was converted to a rubber works then back again to a textile mill. The site has been used for the manufacture of products for the food, animal feed and brewing sector until it closed in December 2003.
Looking at other reports its appears a good chunk has been demolished in recent years.

The visit
This was a spontaneous visit after learning about the place a few days before. Not too close but not too far, I used my Monday off work for a long stroll down the canal to find this place.
access to the site is no issue at all, and the building itself was very easy to access. It was a bit of a squeeze, but after some searching, i found the stairs to access all four floors. There's not much in the place, and its been heavily graffiti'd. Ground floor was the first visit. Not much going for it, great natural lighting over one side and a lift shaft in the far corner. Most of the floor on the second floor was removed, third and fourth floors are just empty typical mill floors.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
New member here. Not my first explore, but my most recent and my first report so and guidance is welcome. I have some far more interesting places to report once iv learned the ropes.

History
I honestly have no idea about this place but this is what i found online

Looking at other reports its appears a good chunk has been demolished in recent years.

The visit
This was a spontaneous visit after learning about the place a few days before. Not too close but not too far, I used my Monday off work for a long stroll down the canal to find this place.
access to the site is no issue at all, and the building itself was very easy to access. It was a bit of a squeeze, but after some searching, i found the stairs to access all four floors. There's not much in the place, and its been heavily graffiti'd. Ground floor was the first visit. Not much going for it, great natural lighting over one side and a lift shaft in the far corner. Most of the floor on the second floor was removed, third and fourth floors are just empty typical mill floors.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG
Used to love going here, was all sorts of creepy basements and rooms you could look through, great first report 👍