real time web analytics
Report - - Willington Cooling Towers Derby - September 2021 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Willington Cooling Towers Derby - September 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jones-y-gog

Putting the fun in dysfunctional
Regular User
Superb shots especially from the drone. Wonder what it is about the wind there. When I went it was ridiculously windy!

tigger

mog
Regular User
There is a chimney effect due to the shape of the towers which causes an updraft. When in use the effect is significantly increased by the density differences of the hot damp air which rises, dragging in more cold air at the base. Natural draft evaporative towers have to be faily large but are very cheap to run compared to the now much more common smaller fan driven designs. Long-term I wonder which are the best value for money? I know which look better!

The chimney effect is surprisingly strong and a quadcopter or helium filled balloon make the effect easy to observe when inside a natural draft tower with it's external frames and piepwork removed...and Willington is the perfect place for that.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The chimney effect on the towers is massive, huge updraft inside to the point that you can feel it pushing the quad back up when diving down the inside. I've flown and destroyed freestyle drones there many times. Cracking photos.

Who has read this thread (Total: 204) View details