real time web analytics
Report - - Winnington B Control Room, Northwich - April 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Winnington B Control Room, Northwich - April 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tobin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
THE HISTORY

Winnington is the home to Brunner Mond UK chemical works, where soda ash is created.
Polythene, the material used in many plastic items (e.g. plastic bags), was first made at the chemical works by R.O. Gibson and E.W. Fawcett in 1933, during an experiment that ‘went wrong’.
Most residents in Winnington were employed by ICI (Imperial Chemical Industries); however, many people now work in the town centre, with Brunner Mond still employing hundreds of people.
Most of the houses built closer to the ICI plant were built by the company to house their workers.
Winnington also has a combined heat and power station, providing electricity for Brunner Mond. The power station was demolished in 2007, leaving only the vintage control room behind

(Sorry for the brief wiki history, but I feel its been covered lots on here)

THE EXPLORE

So this place has been on my list for a while, but the opportunity finally arose.
It was the last location on the list for the day, we parked up in the car park in a nearby woods and made are way across bramble filled waste land.
There is defiantly trail cams dotted about as we seen one on an obvious fence climbing point (sneaky fuckers),
but before we knew it we could see the control room across the wasteland.

We made a very quick dash over the open land and made our way in, OH MY GOSH what a beautiful place.
Control rooms just make me fill with joy and excitement and this one didn't disappoint.
We spent a good 40 mins taking photos and pressing buttons, then things went pretty sour.

I looked out a window to see 2 security vans and a security man with a dog heading straight towards us...

"SHIT"

Not wanting to get caught, we stayed low and quiet traying to come up with an escape plan...
the only feasible options was to wait it out, or make a quick dash across the cable bridge away from the building.

I really didn't fancy the cable bridge, but before I could say otherwise, my mate had started traversing the bridge.

JESUS, it was not in good shape and all, and every other step broke a cable track off.
At this point I thought it would of been easier to hand ourselves in 😆

But we made it about 50m along the bridge and climbed down.
Next step was to get off sight undetected, that's when we seen the offices, so instead of leaving we decided to explore them, and I'm glad we did (ill put a report up soon).

Panic over, and god knows how we made it out without being soon.
Got to love the crazy explores.

ON TO THE PICTURES

_MG_2439-Enhanced-NR-HDR-2.jpg

_MG_2444-Enhanced-NR-HDR-2.jpg

_MG_2454-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2459-Enhanced-NR-HDR-2.jpg

_MG_2474-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2479-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2489-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2499-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2504-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2519-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING​

Mr Budge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
THE HISTORY

Winnington is the home to Brunner Mond UK chemical works, where soda ash is created.
Polythene, the material used in many plastic items (e.g. plastic bags), was first made at the chemical works by R.O. Gibson and E.W. Fawcett in 1933, during an experiment that ‘went wrong’.
Most residents in Winnington were employed by ICI (Imperial Chemical Industries); however, many people now work in the town centre, with Brunner Mond still employing hundreds of people.
Most of the houses built closer to the ICI plant were built by the company to house their workers.
Winnington also has a combined heat and power station, providing electricity for Brunner Mond. The power station was demolished in 2007, leaving only the vintage control room behind

(Sorry for the brief wiki history, but I feel its been covered lots on here)

THE EXPLORE

So this place has been on my list for a while, but the opportunity finally arose.
It was the last location on the list for the day, we parked up in the car park in a nearby woods and made are way across bramble filled waste land.
There is defiantly trail cams dotted about as we seen one on an obvious fence climbing point (sneaky fuckers),
but before we knew it we could see the control room across the wasteland.

We made a very quick dash over the open land and made our way in, OH MY GOSH what a beautiful place.
Control rooms just make me fill with joy and excitement and this one didn't disappoint.
We spent a good 40 mins taking photos and pressing buttons, then things went pretty sour.

I looked out a window to see 2 security vans and a security man with a dog heading straight towards us...

"SHIT"

Not wanting to get caught, we stayed low and quiet traying to come up with an escape plan...
the only feasible options was to wait it out, or make a quick dash across the cable bridge away from the building.

I really didn't fancy the cable bridge, but before I could say otherwise, my mate had started traversing the bridge.

JESUS, it was not in good shape and all, and every other step broke a cable track off.
At this point I thought it would of been easier to hand ourselves in 😆

But we made it about 50m along the bridge and climbed down.
Next step was to get off sight undetected, that's when we seen the offices, so instead of leaving we decided to explore them, and I'm glad we did (ill put a report up soon).

Panic over, and god knows how we made it out without being soon.
Got to love the crazy explores.

ON TO THE PICTURES

_MG_2439-Enhanced-NR-HDR-2.jpg

_MG_2444-Enhanced-NR-HDR-2.jpg

_MG_2454-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2459-Enhanced-NR-HDR-2.jpg

_MG_2474-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2479-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2489-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2499-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2504-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_2519-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING​
captured the place very nicely mate

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely done. I thought this had long gone. We’re the offices the ones by the front ?