real time web analytics
Report - - Rainton North Bound Services : North Yorkshire | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rainton North Bound Services : North Yorkshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

gt_thing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Im new so please go steady

I visited the site around 1 year ago but the whole place was well secured so put it to the back of my mind. After reading here more and more, i thought i'd do a revist. Anyway family life means free time is short and a premium.

To be honest i went half prepared with a high powered torch and camera phone. When i got to the location i saw some of the metal security pannels on the floor so instantly perked up.

Theres a few rooms and the forecourt which i didnt visit as i was on my lone some and didn't want to take to many risks especially after it been my first expereince.

If your looking to visit i would go sooner rather than later probably weekends / early evenings to avoid workmen.

History

Rainton Services were built in the 1970s by Station Supreme as a dual sided service station with each side sporting a filling station and a cafe under the Station Supreme brand. Where the northbound cafe opened inside of a large, distinctive building with a sloping metal roof, the southbound cafe opened inside of a basically designed building with a flat packed roof.

Recently sold for around 250,000.
The site for many years operated as a fuel station and associated motorway restaurant. The fuel station building remains as does the two storey building that housed the restaurant with accommodation and offices above. Both are in a totally dilapidated state, requiring demolition or redevelopment.

Photos

Probably just before closure
Rainton.jpg

Now External Main Enterance
20150222_111157.jpg

20150222_111211.jpg
[/URL]
Back of Building Looking South Bound
20150222_111302.jpg
[/URL]
Point of view across carriage way
20150222_110129.jpg
[/URL]
Interior
View through door
20150222_110222.jpg
[/URL]
20150222_110249.jpg
[/URL]
Looking back to enterance
20150222_110345.jpg
[/URL]
Little Chief / Happy Eater Restraunt
20150222_110348.jpg
[/URL]
Temperature gauges for Cold Room
20150222_110419.jpg
[/URL]
Know your colours
20150222_110430.jpg
[/URL]
Upstairs view Looking south Bound
20150222_110538.jpg
[/URL]
Mind Your Step
20150222_110643.jpg
[/URL]
They did have accomedation
20150222_110731.jpg
[/URL]

The old burger king restraunt
20150222_110951.jpg
[/URL]
best leave
20150222_111040.jpg
[/URL]
Random ducting
20150222_111059.jpg
[/URL]
To the scrap Yard
20150222_111119.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for looking as i say id go sooner rather than later, theres still bits to see and photograph better.
im Close to this location and wouldn't mind doing a little more.

Thanks for looking

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Blimey looks f00ked, enjoyed a few burgers there myself over the years :D

gt_thing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its really bad now outside, inside wouldn't of been to bad. wasn't keen on the stairs to get to the 2nd floor all felt a bit homemade lol.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
What killed Rainton Services off was the A1 widening to make the A1(M) c2010 and planned replacement with a new services near to the A61 roundabout has now been refused with a new build at Leeming Bar instead.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Looking at the temperature gauge, it is above the recommended temp to store meat and dairy products :p: Nice report, cheers for sharing

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I always wondered if someone would do a report from here....now I know ;)

There's a few Farmhouse's that have been left due to the new A1 extension in that area that might be worth a look around ?

I was surprised it was never taken over by those Prostitutes that used to use that old caravan a bit further Northbound. Be able to attract more clients than a Abbey Tourer I imagine :D

gt_thing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I always wondered if someone would do a report from here....now I know ;)

There's a few Farmhouse's that have been left due to the new A1 extension in that area that might be worth a look around ?

I was surprised it was never taken over by those Prostitutes that used to use that old caravan a bit further Northbound. Be able to attract more clients than a Abbey Tourer I imagine :D

what was the accommodation for i cant work it out. i can imagine there is a few farms to check.

there's also a pub locally boarded access is a little tricky that i want to take a deeper look at round the back

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
That looks like an epic location, may need to drop in when I'm next in the area. :)

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
Had a peek at this about 18 months ago and it was well sealed then, been passing the a lot in recent days first saw the boards had been removed then noticed work men going in and out of the building, only knew it was a matter of time before it popped up on here :) looked trashed for a building that been well sealed for 4- 5 year but well done for getting in there :)

gt_thing

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a peek at this about 18 months ago and it was well sealed then, been passing the a lot in recent days first saw the boards had been removed then noticed work men going in and out of the building, only knew it was a matter of time before it popped up on here :) looked trashed for a building that been well sealed for 4- 5 year but well done for getting in there :)

its been well sealed for ages

quite like this exploring malarky lol

AndrewB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh wow! Ive been waiting for someone to wrench the door off this. Ive checked this every other week. Looks amazing inside, Im going to head over right away. Thanks!