1. Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Germany. Sanatorium E. September 2013

Discussion in 'European and International Sites' started by kingrat, Sep 29, 2013.

  1. kingrat

    kingrat 28DL Regular User
    Regular User

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2012
    Messages:
    100
    Likes Received:
    79
    Home Page:
    Sanatorium E was constructed as a Lung Clinic between 1912 and 1914 by the Jewish Doctor Walter Freimuth and his wife. After the National Socialists came to power, the Freimuths fled Germany and their property was seized. The Clinic continued to operate as a retreat for Lung Patients until 1952, when the East German government re-purposed it to treat patients with Skin and Thyroid tuberculosis (the only clinic of its kind in all of East Germany). 1967 saw the clinic change purpose again, when it was transformed into Skin Clinic. The main building was renovated in the 1980s, while the side buildings were designated as a housing unit for the staff and a “Wirtschaftshausâ€￾ – a stable of sorts to keep livestock. The Clinic was closed down in 1994 (quite possibly as a result of the newly introduced economic reforms of the German unification) and the property was returned to the Freimuth family who had survived the war in Exile in the United States. The building is currently protected as a cultural heritage – but the Freimuth family have apparently set plans in motion to transform the vacant building into a Hotel. Today the hospital now resides in the middle of a junction surrounded on all sides by new road infrastructure which makes access kinda interesting. Visited with wea5el.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Few more on ratsnruins, thanks for looking.
     

    Remove this ad by donating or subscribing.

Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

Share This Page

Remove this ad by creating an account and logging in