real time web analytics
Report - - 10/6/16 - Abandoned Cinema/Theatre Moseley Birmingham | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 10/6/16 - Abandoned Cinema/Theatre Moseley Birmingham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FalloutKid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Building
Its a disused and very old cinema/theatre in Kings Heath, Birmingham called The Kingsway. It was a former cinema then refurbished into a gala bingo place which closed in 2007, there was also a fire in 2011.
We was given the location by a friend and decided to check it out.

The Explore
At first glance it seemed like there wasn't a way in, but after having a small search we realised we had to climb a wall.
After helping one an other over the wall we searched for an entrance and found a fire exit door open around the back of the building. Upon first entry I noticed nature had clearly taken over, and the place was pretty much destroyed. We looked around everywhere and even found our way onto the roof, which i thought was a bit dangerous as there was a hole in the floor! After searching everywhere we could and finding some old tapes and film caps we headed out to leave, as we was climbing over the old cinema chairs, a piece of the wall came down and almost hit me on the head I was very lucky it missed.

Here is some photos and a video of the Explore, Enjoy :)

IMG_0103_zpslouj5ezu.jpg

IMG_0107_zpsnme3fxkn.jpg

IMG_0110_zpsp1jazdel.jpg

IMG_0112_zpss0t6arsa.jpg

IMG_0114_zpsmpwbkovu.jpg

IMG_0118_zpsweycvllk.jpg

IMG_0123_zpsfksr2anq.jpg

IMG_0126_zpssky9elay.jpg

IMG_0128_zpsiihns4tw.jpg

IMG_0122_zpsqgdhpnmb.jpg

Last edited:

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The name is in 5 foot letters on the front, so there is a clue :)

It is also in King's Heath, not Moseley!

Mini nut

My local and favourite, gone.
Banned
So glad to see this (the above, not the destruction) I often drive a coach past here and every time I do I think "I must go and explore that sometime". Now you`ve given me a taster, thanks.

Mini nut

My local and favourite, gone.
Banned
Hey guys, I`ve got a follow-up to do on this one. I started to write the blurb but couldn`t find a way of uploading my pix without a url, can anyone advise me please? I`m new at this. X