real time web analytics
Report - - 103 Colmore Row Tower Crane (330ft) September 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 103 Colmore Row Tower Crane (330ft) September 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

lukas.co

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Long time lurker and previous account holder here. Decided to start a new account under the same name as my Instagram account, @lukas.co which is currently in the process of being updated - hence the lack of posts lately!

VISIT
After climbing and exploring the actual 103 Colmore Row tower itself on numerous occasions with @redhunter and a few different non-member friends/exploring partners, we received a group message from @redhunter himself notifying us of the newly erected tower crane on site. Within minutes everyone was on board and a date/time was set. I ended up climbing with two non-members as Red couldn't make it - gutted!

Our usual entry point was convenient as usual and after sneaking past a rogue CCTV camera, we were in and on to the crane.

We've hit our fair share of cranes but this one was something spectacular. The ladders seemed to go on forever.

Once at the top we had 3ish hours to play with before sunrise so we began shooting as much as possible. About an hour before sunrise, one of our 3-man group had to leave for work, leaving the two of us to sit tight in the freezing winds whilst we waited for the first signs of sunlight to shine through the horizon.

After what seemed like an eternity peering over the edge waiting to see if he made it to the bottom okay, we spotted him scrambling onto the street. Not 10 seconds later a police car slowly approached him and seemed to slow down. Luckily it was a false alarm and the car drove off round a corner.

Anyway, enough of the life-stories and on to the photos themselves!
Enjoy! :)
IMG_6359.jpg
IMG_6365.jpg
IMG_6368.jpg
IMG_6394.jpg
IMG_6423.jpg
IMG_6440.jpg
IMG_6444.jpg
IMG_6446.jpg

Last edited:

lukas.co

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice, spotted the crane the other day glad its do-able
I should probably let you know one friend got caught halfway up one day, and we got questioned with 'can I help you' from someone on site at around 3am a few days later. Be wary!

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Yeh, theres security on site 24/7 and sometimes guys in the site office so pays to be careful. One thing that surprised me about the place was the underground carpark. ever knew that was there.. or at least connected..

lukas.co

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh, theres security on site 24/7 and sometimes guys in the site office so pays to be careful. One thing that surprised me about the place was the underground carpark. ever knew that was there.. or at least connected..
Oh wow, I didn't know that existed. I thought it was just the vaults below street level...

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Yeh it connects to the carpark that's underneath the council offices next door. The actual parking spaces under 103 have been closed off for years by the look if it tho.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Beat me to a report! Had to visit Brum for this.
Really nice pics man, nice one. :)