real time web analytics
Report - - 1st Dental Laboratories - Harrogate, England - June 2020 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 1st Dental Laboratories - Harrogate, England - June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
Although I suspect that many bellends are doing this sort of thing, I'm not sure that sharing photos with the media automatically makes a person fame hungry etc. (isn't this really just '28DL and Urban Exploring in the News...'?). I can't necessarily speak for this individual user, but in some cases, it might just be that the person who took the photos simply wants to share them with a wider audience because they may be of public interest.

In many cases, it could even be the media that's approached the photographer. Being perfectly honest, it's quite nice having work published, even if the publication(s) in question might not always be the most reputable! And if it results in a few quid to fund further explores, what's really the harm?

This banned character might well be a nice guy/girl with a genuine passion for exploring. Nobody (including several YouTubers) is a fan of the EWFs of this world, but maybe we need to be a little less judgmental and a bit more tolerant, especially if we're trying to encourage the next generation of explorers to stick with whole-hearted urbexing as opposed to goonish antics.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Although I suspect that many bellends are doing this sort of thing, I'm not sure that sharing photos with the media automatically makes a person fame hungry etc. (isn't this really just '28DL and Urban Exploring in the News...'?). I can't necessarily speak for this individual user, but in some cases, it might just be that the person who took the photos simply wants to share them with a wider audience because they may be of public interest.

In many cases, it could even be the media that's approached the photographer. Being perfectly honest, it's quite nice having work published, even if the publication(s) in question might not always be the most reputable! And if it results in a few quid to fund further explores, what's really the harm?

This banned character might well be a nice guy/girl with a genuine passion for exploring. Nobody (including several YouTubers) is a fan of the EWFs of this world, but maybe we need to be a little less judgmental and a bit more tolerant, especially if we're trying to encourage the next generation of explorers to stick with whole-hearted urbexing as opposed to goonish antics.

The harm comes from advertising these abandoned locations to a much greater audience than on here. Repeatedly over the last few years people have sold stuff out to the media and within a very short period of time the locations have ended up ruined thanks to the media reporting being less than subtle about where the place is or even how to get into it. People selling photos to media agencies who can then sell them onto whichever shitrag they want is entirely unnecessary and brings undue attention to both exploring, which skirts a fine line of legality at the best of times, and the explorers in question who usually only see the monetary gain for selling photos of locations on to parties who don't care at all about the places.

This person in question may well be a 'nice guy' but he obviously had some sort of agreement with a local newspaper or media agency that he would go and explore places and then they could publish the photos which is pretty ridiculous. Similar things have happened time and time again and there simply is no place for sellouts in this community, they will always come unstuck and get found out and have to deal with the consequences of being shunned. This particular brand of idiocy has been going on for years, well before EWF and that particular sort of moron came about.

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
Fair point, mookster. I personally think that each case differs, as many explores published in the media may be (and often are) of well-known locations anyway, so having photos of these published without access details shouldn't really be too much of an issue. Like I say, wasn't necessarily relating to this one - more just a general observation that's all.

jST

LLS.
Regular User
A
The harm comes from advertising these abandoned locations to a much greater audience than on here. Repeatedly over the last few years people have sold stuff out to the media and within a very short period of time the locations have ended up ruined thanks to the media reporting being less than subtle about where the place is or even how to get into it. People selling photos to media agencies who can then sell them onto whichever shitrag they want is entirely unnecessary and brings undue attention to both exploring, which skirts a fine line of legality at the best of times, and the explorers in question who usually only see the monetary gain for selling photos of locations on to parties who don't care at all about the places.

This person in question may well be a 'nice guy' but he obviously had some sort of agreement with a local newspaper or media agency that he would go and explore places and then they could publish the photos which is pretty ridiculous. Similar things have happened time and time again and there simply is no place for sellouts in this community, they will always come unstuck and get found out and have to deal with the consequences of being shunned. This particular brand of idiocy has been going on for years, well before EWF and that particular sort of moron came about.

All of the buildings and places he / her / his back visited were burned out derp shitholes anyway, let them have their moment of """"fame"""" until the next opportunity for self promotion comes along and they lose interest.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
What a knob, he could have built up a nice group of mates through this, his pics wasn’t bad, his reports where decent, shame when fame takes over, I bet he won’t stop either.
Agree, I liked his posts, found them interesting, he even tagged me to look. Then @mookster started to point out all his sell outs, its been going on for a while, I couldnt bring myself to even read his reports are that. He wont get fame, nor fortune, a bad rep is all. Silly boy.

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
He posted a status on his Facebook basically saying he will have 20k likes soon and people are jealous that he is more popular than most other teams or whatever.
He came across an arrogant tool, also he pretends to be woman on facebook so people won't find him....

plod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
He posted a status on his Facebook basically saying he will have 20k likes soon and people are jealous that he is more popular than most other teams or whatever.
He came across an arrogant tool, also he pretends to be woman on facebook so people won't find him....
As if seriously? What a knob...

Who has read this thread (Total: 404) View details