real time web analytics
Question - - 1st Explore gone wrong! | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - 1st Explore gone wrong!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Karen Gray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all, I'm new to this Forum & have just joined today...

I need some help! ... I've just come home very frustrated as I couldn't find the location I was looking for!

I collected 3 different post codes from the internet and none of them lead me to 'Crookham court manor school' in Thatcham, Newbury. I'm not a fab amazing explorer like you guys seem to be but REALLY want to shoot in this place.. The styling/model of the shoot is already to go but I just can't find it !!

PLEASE can someone help??.... If its any help I kept driving over Thatcham railway bridge and my sat nav send to turn first left... there was a residential house and 2 paths... but that's all I could find.

I would like to go back tomorrow on my 1st explore! (I was so nervous today!)

Thank you

Lavino

28DL Full Member
When you get where you think it is get your phone and look on google maps and locate yourself then see where it is from there.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Thank you for that. Not knowing the area I would need a road name or postcode. This map is a satellite view.

And what happens when you press on the 'google map' button?

Bg7SFRm.png

Karen Gray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't worry I've worked it out.... as I noticed there's
When you get where you think it is get your phone and look on google maps and locate yourself then see where it is from there.
I did that earlier today... and still couldn't find it. I think I've worked it out... on the google satellite image you linked me too I noticed there was a running track opposite .. so found that place and got their postcode. looks like the entrance to the school is just opposite the running track! Thanks for your help.. will try again tomorrow !!

Karen Gray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And what happens when you press on the 'google map' button?

Bg7SFRm.png
Omg I must be thick lol where's the Google map button? ....I think I've worked it out... on the google satellite image you linked me too I noticed there was a running track opposite .. so found that place and got their postcode. looks like the entrance to the school is just opposite the running track! Thanks for your help.. will try again tomorrow !!

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Crookhams gone right down hill recently, it was good years ago before the f**ktards ripped it to bits, I know what you mean with this site's postcode.

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
And of course you can use google earth's street view to give a ground level view of the area. Admittedly photos are a few years old & don't take you right up to certain places, but, gives you some landmarks for when you get close

More options.jpg
overall, running track to left, entrance road to school toward bottom of view

More option-1.jpg

running track to left, entrance road to school to right

More option2.jpg

turning onto entrance road
co-ordinates for right here ..... 51°22'46.05"N 1°14'53.57"W

More options-3.jpg

gates on left to school

More option4.jpg

and this is as far as street view gets you

Last edited:

Karen Gray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Crookhams gone right down hill recently, it was good years ago before the f**ktards ripped it to bits, I know what you mean with this site's postcode.
Hi Telf yes, I've read it's been wrecked .. I just really want to shoot on the staircase & will have to PS all the graffiti out lol !

Karen Gray

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And of course you can use google earth's street view to give a ground level view of the area. Admittedly photos are a few years old & don't take you right up to certain places, but, gives you some landmarks for when you get close

More options.jpg
overall, running track to left, entrance road to school toward bottom of view

More option-1.jpg

running track to left, entrance road to school to right

More option2.jpg

turning onto entrance road

More options-3.jpg

gates on left to school

More option4.jpg

and this is as far as street view gets you
thank you ... OMG I'm so excited now to go back lol

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
you're welcome .

further edit, coords. see org poste. pic (51°22'46.05"N 1°14'53.57"W)