Web
Analytics
Report - - 2 old Farm Houses near Keyham, Leics MAY '20 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 2 old Farm Houses near Keyham, Leics MAY '20

vw_golf_nutter

Banned
Banned
Came across this first place purely by chance, I was driving past and decided to stop.
This is a 2 bed bungalow on a small plot. It has a few large outbuildings, 1 has a pit so I assume for vehicle maintenance, there are parts with straw and gates for livestock.
It appears to have been a family home until recently, there is children's scribble all over the walls in the green room, sadly the kitchen is vandalised, nothing really left of interest. The windows and doors are modern. No idea why it was left...

wm_DSC_0706.jpg

wm_DSC_0712.jpg

wm_DSC_0709.jpg

wm_DSC_0713.jpg

wm_DSC_0715.jpg

wm_DSC_0714.jpg

wm_DSC_0717.jpg

wm_DSC_0720.jpg

wm_DSC_0721.jpg

wm_DSC_0723.jpg

wm_DSC_0729.jpg

wm_DSC_0730.jpg

wm_DSC_0732.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

Second place was not far away, I found it on good maps, its very well hidden and not close to any roads, it took a lot of walking, hopping fences and hiding to get to it!
This is a 3 bed farm house, its seems like a nice sturdy house, i can only hazard a guess that perhaps the house and site wasnt big enough and the farm expanded as it appears the farm has moved nearer to the road.
It is right next to a brook but it doesnt appear to have suffered subsidence?
It was boarded up so pitch black in there, but door wide open. Again no graffiti or vandalism which was amazing. Sadly nothing really left behind of interest.

wm_DSC_0779.jpg

wm_DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

wm_DSC_0791.jpg

wm_DSC_0796.jpg

wm_DSC_0797.jpg

wm_DSC_0798.jpg

wm_DSC_0799.jpg

wm_DSC_0800.jpg

wm_DSC_0804.jpg

wm_DSC_0807.jpg

Attachments

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I guess you don't understand the 'stay at home as much as possible' guidelines that almost everyone else has stuck to :rolleyes:

Exploring is NOT essential exercise.

mockney reject

Staff member
You should know exploring on lockdown after the various posts regarding it isn’t going to end well

vw_golf_nutter

Banned
Banned
First time I've been out for ages.
Were allowed to drive for exercise, and I was actually driving to feed my horse which is also allowed so I dont really get the issue, I walked about 10 miles round fields yesterday and these places were on that route.
Didn't see anyone either.
I dont think this is the place for an arguement trying to clarify government rules when even Boris cant be clear to the people..
You cant see your family, but you can go shopping with hundreds or strangers, your mum cant see her grandkids yet they can go back to nursery with 10 other children and 4 staff, all strangers..

mockney reject

Staff member
It’s not about rules it’s about common sense and thinking about others. If you were to have an accident it would take valuable resources away from elsewhere in the NHS

vw_golf_nutter

Banned
Banned
I understand that but I drive daily to feed my horse.. I could be in a car accident, I could get kicked by a horse, I could fall over crossing the road... I dont feel I put myself at any more risk than usual. I wouldn't of gone to a theatre, hospital etc anywhere I had to climb or walk on dodgy floors so I dont feel I've done anything wrong. As I say this is the first time I've photographed places since the lockdown I feel like I've been careful and considerate

Reactions: Alx

mockney reject

Staff member
Everybody had accidents no matter how careful that they think they are being

vw_golf_nutter

Banned
Banned
Absolutely, I do get it, I'm not trying to be a twit lol I have injured myself far more just doing normal things, these 2 places were very low risk or I wouldn't of gone for a look

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I understand that but I drive daily to feed my horse.. I could be in a car accident, I could get kicked by a horse, I could fall over crossing the road... I dont feel I put myself at any more risk than usual. I wouldn't of gone to a theatre, hospital etc anywhere I had to climb or walk on dodgy floors so I dont feel I've done anything wrong. As I say this is the first time I've photographed places since the lockdown I feel like I've been careful and considerate
That's not the point.

The government has told us we can exercise as much as we like in outdoor spaces - parks, beaches, fields etc etc. Wandering around a derelict building is not one of those things, were you to have an accident in one you divert medical teams and care away from those who really need it right now and you could end up in hospital where you really don't want to be.

mockney reject

Staff member
You obviously don’t get it

Shaun

Grey since 17'
28DL Full Member
Word up..

It's clear these residential sites are quite popular with a fair few "explorers" and have been for many years now, however of late there have been many random soggy shit holes posted often with silly code names and such like..

Granted not all these places have a proper name, however it's been proven many do and it's bordering ridiculous now!

So enough of Rightmove Urbex, as of now we're clamping down, if it's an interesting mansion/manor house or similar residential site with some relevant history then fair play and more than welcome :thumb

If it's old MacDonalds dilapidated farmhouse, deceased Dave's flat, Uncle Alberts shed or Mrs Browns half lived in bungalow we ain't interested..Seriously!
That said, there's been some decent stuff posted over the years, but lately it's in decline and some kind of quality control needs to be put into place, so please take heed, as we reserve the right to remove anything deemed not suitable :brew
Let's not forget that we don't really want to see a derpy farm house in the first place

Last edited:

noseylolly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow is she actually banned for exploring during lockdown !? She’s out in the country , she was hardly going to bump into a load of people out there !? as for the taking away from the nhs who I happen to work for , anyone can have an accident anytime any place ... lighten up folks !

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Wow is she actually banned for exploring during lockdown !? She’s out in the country , she was hardly going to bump into a load of people out there !? as for the taking away from the nhs who I happen to work for , anyone can have an accident anytime any place ... lighten up folks !
That's not the point.

The government has told us we can exercise as much as we like in outdoor spaces - parks, beaches, fields etc etc. Wandering around a derelict building is not one of those things, were you to have an accident in one you divert medical teams and care away from those who really need it right now and you could end up in hospital where you really don't want to be.

mockney reject

Staff member

But having an accident at a time when the emergency services have better things to do is something that could and should be avoided.

noseylolly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
But having an accident at a time when the emergency services have better things to do is something that could and should be avoided.
The emergency services have always better things to do , Any explorer can have an accident at Any explore . We really aren’t as busy as the media would have you all believe right now !